Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ralston NE Orphan Car Show - Now with pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralston NE Orphan Car Show - Now with pics!

Just a reminder for anyone on the forums, the local SDC chapter is hosting an orphan car show at Bushwackers in Ralston NE tomorrow (Saturday 5/19/12) starting at 9:00am. I have two seniors graduating this weekend, but my wife gave me permission to be there for the first hour or so to see who shows up early and take a few pictures. If you're in the area, last years show was really great. Totally worth attending if you can.

Edit - pics from the show here.
    Last edited by JimC; 05-19-2012, 06:19 PM.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Also a Orphan car show in Tulsa Ok. at the Bass Pro in Broken Arrow Ok today 5/19/2012
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

A 1956 Packard Caribbean convertible stole the show by winning the "Best Orphan" award today at Husker Chapter's Orphan Car Show at Omaha. Forum member JimC took lots of pictures, so some may appear here. Some makes represented were: Hudson, AMC,Plymouth, Kaiser, Crosley, Olds, Pontiac, Mercury, Willys, Henry J, Packard and about 20 Studebakers. Several Chevies and Fords (we don't discriminate) <GGG>
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 05-19-2012, 04:11 PM.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Man, that Caribbean was sharp! I have a couple shots I managed to take:

I tried several times, and I never could get a completely unobstructed view from the front, so many people kept popping in to look at it. It was well deserved attention, as evidenced by the quality work put into it

I really liked this Speedster:

But the zip van that showed up sure was pretty too:

(The restoration had all the proper era postal markings, covered up by the Studebaker magnets. I got the shots shortly before he uncovered them. I meant to go back, but never did.)

If you looked close enough, you might even see my little '63 in the crowd

Funny story, I seriously didn't intend to enter the show. I've only had the car a couple days after all. I haven't even had time to wash and wax it, something it desperately needs after living in a garage without regular use for some time. However, when I got there, they raised the gate and started flagging me in, so I figured "why not". The only part I didn't enjoy was when the oversized tires rubbed against the fenders as I was trying to park it. It was my first car show as an entrant (if only for an hour), but I had a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I did take part. Next time, I might even wash the thing first!

By the way, I took piles more photos. They're posted on my blog, right here:

http://youstude.com/2012/05/how-i-be...phan-car-show/
        Last edited by JimC; 05-19-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
          Also a Orphan car show in Tulsa Ok. at the Bass Pro in Broken Arrow Ok today 5/19/2012
          Did you manage to get any photos?

Comment

Our Orphan show was kinda a flop, Put on by the Corvair club about 30 cars, 26 of them were Corvairs 1 very rusty 55 De Soto, a Pantera, a 63 Pontiac Bonneville and my 64 Commander. Sorry didn't take pictures.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

That is a 55 Carribean
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Love that black Lark.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures!
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                    Love that black Lark.
                    I haven't told the guy who owns it yet, but every time I see that car I'm mentally taking notes for my '60 sedan project. I was in a little bit of a hurry, so I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped to, and there were some really neat cars that for whatever reason I totally forgot to shoot. Go figure. There's always next time!

Comment

The owner of that black 60 Lark is JJB here on the Forum. Resides in Council Bluffs across the river from Omaha,
                      Originally posted by JimC View Post
                      I haven't told the guy who owns it yet, but every time I see that car I'm mentally taking notes for my '60 sedan project. I was in a little bit of a hurry, so I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped to, and there were some really neat cars that for whatever reason I totally forgot to shoot. Go figure. There's always next time!
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                      X