Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjanowia
    replied
    I think he played at one of our international meets years ago and was mentioned for this years. He played the South Bend Firefighter's Blues Fest and will soon be playing the Laporte Firefighter's Blues Fest. I think anyone that drives a Hawk and plays the blues is great. For blues fans on June 23rd South Bend Parks is having a blues fest featuring Jimmy Vaughn, Seagal Schwall, Bernard Allison and more.

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    I am a traditional blues fan and like his music quite a lot. I "try" to play blues guitar a bit but my fingers won't follow instructions very well. I corresponded with his agent a few years back and was told he owns a non-op finned Hawk "awaiting restoration". He would be a good choice to appear at an IM or zone meet...great ear candy with appeal across generational lines.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Interesting background material on Studebaker John: http://www.blindpigrecords.com/index...ts&artistid=59

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Worth seeing

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    I met John quite a few years ago when his tour rolled through Calgary. Nice guy. Definitely in the blues-rock or electric blues genre. he puts on a good show.

You have to have respect for a guy who manages to stay in the tough life of a touring musician for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    awesome!!!

if you like stevie ray vaughn, buddy guy - type blues (might even hear a hendrix riff or two)...

going to check out picking up a cd or two! would be so cool to book him at a stude event...

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Here's a link to some music on his MySpace page. Judging by the string bending guitar work and that he records with Blind Pig Records I would definitely classify him as Blues or Blues/Rock. Just my style!

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=33870696&ac=now

Pat

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    An old friend who works at a prominent night club in Syracuse, NY says Stude John is great. Not sure the genre of his music, but my friends club mainly has R&B musicians play there. Stude John also took several pix of my friend's GT Hawk, and said he will someday use the pix on a CD cover.

Joe H

Leave a comment:

• davepink53
    replied
    I have lots of CDs by Studebaker John and the Hawks. Is that who you are talking about? He is great.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    started a topic Studebaker John & the Hawks - The Musician

Studebaker John & the Hawks - The Musician

I see him all around touring...
    Is he worth a concert?
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 05-16-2012, 04:51 PM.
Working...
X