X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker John & the Hawks - The Musician

I see him all around touring...
    Is he worth a concert?
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I have lots of CDs by Studebaker John and the Hawks. Is that who you are talking about? He is great.
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

An old friend who works at a prominent night club in Syracuse, NY says Stude John is great. Not sure the genre of his music, but my friends club mainly has R&B musicians play there. Stude John also took several pix of my friend's GT Hawk, and said he will someday use the pix on a CD cover.

Joe H

Comment

Here's a link to some music on his MySpace page. Judging by the string bending guitar work and that he records with Blind Pig Records I would definitely classify him as Blues or Blues/Rock. Just my style!

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=33870696&ac=now

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

awesome!!!

if you like stevie ray vaughn, buddy guy - type blues (might even hear a hendrix riff or two)...

going to check out picking up a cd or two! would be so cool to book him at a stude event...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I met John quite a few years ago when his tour rolled through Calgary. Nice guy. Definitely in the blues-rock or electric blues genre. he puts on a good show.

You have to have respect for a guy who manages to stay in the tough life of a touring musician for decades.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Worth seeing
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Interesting background material on Studebaker John: http://www.blindpigrecords.com/index...ts&artistid=59
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I am a traditional blues fan and like his music quite a lot. I "try" to play blues guitar a bit but my fingers won't follow instructions very well. I corresponded with his agent a few years back and was told he owns a non-op finned Hawk "awaiting restoration". He would be a good choice to appear at an IM or zone meet...great ear candy with appeal across generational lines.
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I think he played at one of our international meets years ago and was mentioned for this years. He played the South Bend Firefighter's Blues Fest and will soon be playing the Laporte Firefighter's Blues Fest. I think anyone that drives a Hawk and plays the blues is great. For blues fans on June 23rd South Bend Parks is having a blues fest featuring Jimmy Vaughn, Seagal Schwall, Bernard Allison and more.

Comment

Working...
                    X