1928 Studebaker President donation Peterson Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 Studebaker President donation Peterson Museum

I was listening to Adam Carolla's podcast (CARCAST) and heard Leslie Kendall, curator of the LA Peterson Museum mention a recent donation of a 28 Studebaker President. Anyone have more info on the car or if it's being displayed etc?
    61 Lark

sigpic

I believe this was the car that was restored and owned by the family of long time SDC member and former Studebaker employee Darrel Dye. I bought a '55 2 ton C Cab from him a number of years ago and he showed me a '28 he was working on and I saw another one of his in the Petersen Museum that was his, on loan. Darrel passed away from a brain tumor probably 10 years ago or so.

(He also had a '53 Hudson Hornet that he installed a Buick 455 in and it was one of the best transplants I had ever seen in a Hornet. Seemed like the kind of muscle that Hudson would have used if they had designed their own V8)
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

This was my 28 sedan. It was built by my Uncle Ray McLaughlin. He was president of the La Palma in CA chapter for many years. He also had a 28 roadster that is now in the good hands of a gentleman in Arizona.
      You can see a pic of it here and read a little from a photo shoot we did for a magazine.
      http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1928-studebaker.htm
      The roadster was scheduled to be in the shoot, but the muffler collapsed on the way and she couldn't be there. It took us a while to figure why it would start and then not stay running.

Comment

Welcome Brian, there are several of us here that knew Ray very well, he Chuck Potter, Paul Gunder, Alex Magdaleno and myself hung out together a lot. As nearby Los Angeles Chapter Members, we organized the Orange Empire Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club that you remember for the La Palma meet that still is still running on the Memorial Day Weekend every year.

I still have Pictures of Ray, Kitty and their Green '29 President Four Seasons Roadster at the Joint Northern/Southern Calif. Meets we had in Solvang and San Luis Obispo in the Early 1970's.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-15-2015, 02:40 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Brian, (bmcsubdude) check THIS New String out!

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rn-Calif-meets

StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X