No announcement yet.

The Woody being driven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that, without Max's dedication at that time, the woody would have returned to the vile dust from whence it sprung.
    On a timeline, there are no greater or lesser heroes. This project required a whole lot more than what Max could contribute on his own. At that time the membership of SDC was not ready to financially contribute what would be necessary to make it happen. Max could not do it out of his own generosity, though I'm sure he would have loved to. He maintained it under roof until the Museum stepped up to the plate. Even the Museum struggled with obtaining the support necessary.
    It was Phil Brown and his passion and, in the end, his passing that motivated the rest of us to support what Max began.
    Last edited by rockne10; 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Comment I just posted on YouTube:

"Since all changes from stock are to the rear of the car (A post aft) I would very much like to see more footage of that end of the car. Operation of those hand-built doors and tailgate in particular would be nice. Beautiful work from what I can gather so far."
      Last edited by JGK 940; 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Because of internet connection woes, I've only just now seen this footage. What a miracle to see this thing on it's feet again. It's really a grand tribute to those who first constructed this thing after WWII. And likely we'll never know who they were. Hats off to therm and hats off to those who were dedicated and determined enough to see it rise from the boneyard like a wood & metal Phoenix.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you so very much for posting that capture shot! It was just the ticket!

I so love happy endings!
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

No problemo, now we need that '53 prototype, and that Model N on the registry, and we'll really be cooking with gas!!

If I read right, it should be making an appearance at this year's International Meet, so bring those cameras along!!
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
            X