Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to restoration and studebakers (1965 studebaker daytona)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love my car and im not looking for a profit, i just want an awesome car to be proud of its a 2 door sport coup i beleive

Comment

i will post pics asap! im looking forward to getting started

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDan23 View Post
        i love my car and im not looking for a profit, i just want an awesome car to be proud of its a 2 door sport coup i beleive
        as an old car owner, remember this.
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDan23 View Post
          Daytona sport coupes are very nice. They have a vinyl roof. What colour is yours? There was a real nice one from here in Alberta that was sold down to the Mission area a few years ago.

If you need front fenders, I have some new factory ones here in Alberta. Also some other parts. I have a complete 283 engine and Flightomatic to fit that car.
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

WELCOME DAN

I too was 16 years old when I started with my first Studebaker. I would like to see pictures of the '65. I would like to share this with you, take pictures of your cars reguardless of the brand. Back in the mid 80's we didn't have digital cameras and now that they are available take tons of pictures....
            Again Welcome to the club Dan and make sure to get signed up in the SDC.

Comment

My advice, FWIW,
              It's important to have a final vision of your goal but that vision can overwhelm you and lead to frustration. Approach each system as a project all its own. Don't disassemble everything; concentrate on one area at a time. This project is going to take some time; if you hope to do it in a fiscally conservative manner, it is going to take an investment in tools, shop manual and parts catalogs. It can be an incredibly satisfying learning experience. Join the SDC and your local Chapter; you will often desire, and benefit from, the support.

And, don't be a stranger here. We are sort of like AA; a twelve step program to help people avoid boring transportation.
              My name is Brad, and I once owned a Dodge, Toyota and Subaru.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

as ou can see its in rough shape but i have all new fenders (front back inner and outer) new chrome and grills, all new logos and decals a new carpet and dash cover. all factory nos from back in the day

Comment

it is tehetian turquoise or something and i have factory nos parts every single piece of metal on the car has a brand new duplicat from the factory as well as new carpet and dash. although i believe upon further inspection i may need some parts, tank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X