Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdevan
    replied
    Great shot, I continue to look for old vintage service stations to serve as a back drop for calendar shoots. Picture perfect. . .

Leave a comment:

• deco_droid
    replied
    Great looking car -- I love that "minty" color!

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Great Picture.
    Hopefully we can stop there for a photo op on the way home from the IM this Summer.
    Plan to come home via Historical Route 66.
    Thanks Gary
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• BRUCESTUDE
    replied
    Awesome picture!!!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
    It's a fairly new term to me also. I've always just called it Ozarks sandstone. In that part of the country there is a lot of this slab rock. Usually applied to a wood frame building as siding and using morter or more often what appears to be asphalt. It was cheap, lasted forever, insulated well, and needed hardly any maintenance. The rock can be found in a range of colors from light tan to dark brown, and the irregular pattern supposedly resembles giraffe markings.
    Actually the 'Spencer' building in the photo above might be entirely rock.
    Interesting, Dwain. Thanks. Bob

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Dwain: To what does the phrase "Ozarks Giraffe" refer? 'Never seen / heard of it before. BP
    It's a fairly new term to me also. I've always just called it Ozarks sandstone. In that part of the country there is a lot of this slab rock. Usually applied to a wood frame building as siding and using morter or more often what appears to be asphalt. It was cheap, lasted forever, insulated well, and needed hardly any maintenance. The rock can be found in a range of colors from light tan to dark brown, and the irregular pattern supposedly resembles giraffe markings.
    Actually the 'Spencer' building in the photo above might be entirely rock.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    That says Turning Wheels cover to me....cool. Junior

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    I like the car. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Very cool picture.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have seen an old postcard of that building. But then again, there are hundreds of those old "Ozarks Giraffe" style buildings still standing. My grandparents house and all out buildings were built that way.
    Yes, Gary; neat picture.

Dwain: To what does the phrase "Ozarks Giraffe" refer? 'Never seen / heard of it before. BP

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    I'm pretty sure I have seen an old postcard of that building. But then again, there are hundreds of those old "Ozarks Giraffe" style buildings still standing. My grandparents house and all out buildings were built that way.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    Neat picture Gary.

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    started a topic Cheap gas on Route 66

Cheap gas on Route 66

On my way home from Mt. Vernon today my son and I stopped in Spencer, MO for a photo op.

Gas is still pretty cheap in Spencer!

Last edited by Gary1953; 05-12-2012, 07:22 PM.
Working...
X