• Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Speedster on BaT

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/05/12/...ent-speedster/

Just WOW!

Whose is it?
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

That car is a beauty. It's on e-bay now, and the current bid is around $35,000.00

Comment

Someday..... I'll have a Speedster.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

My favorite Speedster color combo! Very nice car.

Comment

And the interior! And the engine compartment! I'm in love!
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Note some of the "discussion" about the collector car market and people and such in the Comments section under the listing. Interesting and amusing. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Note some of the "discussion" about the collector car market and people and such in the Comments section under the listing. Interesting and amusing. BP
              I especially liked the comment "Mikey" made that he'd be shocked if there's a 30 year old out there who would want this car. I can think of a 31 year old I see in the mirror every morning who would die for a car like this, and I think there are a few much younger ones on this forum who feel similarly.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                I especially liked the comment "Mikey" made that he'd be shocked if there's a 30 year old out there who would want this car. I can think of a 31 year old I see in the mirror every morning who would die for a car like this, and I think there are a few much younger ones on this forum who feel similarly.
                Absolutely, Jim. "Mikey" hasn't been around much, it would appear. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Let's see, parents had a 55 Champion 4 door sedan. I grew up around the 55 Commander hardtop as our show car, that we had since I was in 5th grade. Picked up a similar 55 Commander hardtop for a parts car, that is now my FI project. I grew up around the 55 Champions, Commanders, Presidents, and Speedsters I'm 30 years old now, but to want a Speedster, now what 30 year old would be willing to go for that??

(Of course I'd love to have one. What can I say, it's that tri tone grey-salmon-white colors, that redesigned dash, and that extra trim)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

If you thought the comments were good under the Speedster, look at the comments under the Packard Hawk.
                    http://bringatrailer.com/2011/08/22/...awk-barn-find/
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

My 10 year old son and I drove Marvin ('57 Broadmoor) to his Cub Scout family campout a couple of weekends ago. You should have seen the kids and Dads all over it. Several wanted their pictures taken with it or in it. Yep Mikey is right no one under 30 would like these old cars.
                      Dan White
                      64 R1 GT
                      64 R2 GT
                      58 C Cab
                      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                        If you thought the comments were good under the Speedster, look at the comments under the Packard Hawk.
                        http://bringatrailer.com/2011/08/22/...awk-barn-find/
                        Right, Bob. There seems to be an ever-increasing number of automotive history "experts" as the years roll on. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Also a very beautiful 58 Packard Hardtop here.
                          http://braunson.files.wordpress.com/...tion183-vi.jpg
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Some of Mikey's comments have truth to them however. Over the next 10-20 years we are going to see a "changing of the guard" over what we generally considered classic vehicles. What the value does will remain to be seen. Many of our cars will outlive us as they outlived previous owners. Original cars will become increasingly less practical and expensive to drive and more difficult to maintain. There are a couple generations already that have never been in a car without airbags or driven a car with a carburetor. I'm not trying to be a doomsday messenger, but I am a realist. My plan is to enjoy them as much as I can and to share and promote them to those who are interested.
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

To: Pat Dilling,-----Well said!

Comment

Working...
                              X