1955 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 President

I am in Alabama on business travel and saw this very nice President at a car show in Decatur (the annual River Walk Yacht Club car show for those who are interested). There is a chance of rain so a pretty low turnout, I had just about given up on finding any Studebakers when I saw this beauty!

sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

To: R David,------ That '55 President State truly is a nice example of that top of the line model (6H-Y6 I believe). Brings back a flood of memories. It's exactly like the 'Ultra-Vista' model My Dad bought
        brand new from Kibart Motor Sales in Brockton Mass. in January of 1955. Thank You for posting this photo.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          To: R David,------ That '55 President State truly is a nice example of that top of the line model (6H-Y6 I believe). Brings back a flood of memories. It's exactly like the 'Ultra-Vista' model My Dad bought
          brand new from Kibart Motor Sales in Brockton Mass. in January of 1955. Thank You for posting this photo.
          Your good! 6H-Y6 FTW!
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

The owner is Randy Owen from Madison, Alabama. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. He was deep in conversation with the owner of the Ford Edsall parked next to him.
              sigpic

Comment

To: R David,------ Yep, just like My Dad's car......clock but no radio! Thanks again for posting these very nice photos.

Comment

Question. I somehow thougtht the "fog-Light/guards" were unique to the Speedsters. Was that an option availableion any '55 President? Thanks, Dan

Comment

To: Car Crosswod Dan,----- Yep, I believe those fog lamps were standard equipment on the '55 President 'State Sedan', be it 1st or 2nd series.

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                      The owner is Randy Owen from Madison, Alabama. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. He was deep in conversation with the owner of the Ford Edsall parked next to him.
                      Hmmm... did he look anything like this Randy Owen? http://www.randyowen.com/
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Naw, this guy had a few years on that Randy Owen. I wonder if they are related?
                        sigpic

Comment

Boy, that President is a beauty. I'm a sucker for those '55 grilles. I'd love to own one of those.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                          X