Who would have thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would have thought.

As some may remember, I was having a delima trying to decide which route to go with my 50 C cab radiator. My truck has the big 6/ V8 radiator mounted on the outside of the core support, which places it too far from the fan on the champion 6.
    The other evening, I was thinking it over after trying to get a plastic Ford pickup shroud to fit. I took a walk up to the old 73 Dodge pickup parked (junked) by the barn. After looking closely at the fan and 3" spacer, I decided the bolt pattern looked the same. I pulled the fan and spacer and sure enough it fit. I had to make the hole in the center slightly larger to fit the Stude water pump, but other than that I ended up with a fan that is about 2 inches bigger in diameter with the tips of the blades curved more for better air flow and the fan is now within 4" of the radiator. I haven't tested it's cooling ability yet, but I'm sure it will work great.

YANKEE INGENUITY! Cleverly resourceful, yet cunningly ingenious! (I have a GREAT thesaurus!)

John

Comment

4 inches still seems too far from the rad ....but hey you'll find out 1st hand <g> good luck
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If that radiator fit on the outside of the support it should fit the inside. You might have to drill a few holes.

Comment

Jwiffer allows: "(I have a GREAT thesaurus!)"

And here I thought they were extinct!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The shape of the upper tank would put the filler opening directly under the core support if I mounted the radiator on the inside of the support. I'm thinking that 4" with the higher flow fan and the big radiator should keep the champion plenty cool.

Comment

Working...
            X