Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky Hawk in upcoming Mecum Auction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sky Hawk in upcoming Mecum Auction

    Does anyone have any personal knowledge regarding the '56 Sky Hawk in the upcoming Mecum auction in Little Rock, Arkansas? Thanks, Dan

    Here's the link: http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=AR0612-129559
    Last edited by CarCrosswordDan; 05-11-2012, 08:11 AM.

  • #2
    While I have no knowledge about this car I am wondering about a "Climatizer AC."
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
      While I have no knowledge about this car I am wondering about a "Climatizer AC."
      It seems to have both - a Climatizer (heat/defrost) and an aftermarket air conditioning (cooling) system.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

      SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

      Comment


      • #4
        A very nice looking car.

        Does the logo on the A/C unit look familiar?
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)




        Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          A very nice looking car.
          I agree. Everyone knows that I prefer the '53-4-5 C-Ks. But the Sky Hawk is the most beautiful of all the Hawks. IMHO

          Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Does the logo on the A/C unit look familiar?
          Yes, that emblem is the same one Frosty has on his radio delete plate.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

          See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree jerry, and I think Bob Bourke thought so also. This particular Sky Hawk doesn't seem to have power steering. That's too bad. I know from personal experience, (two cars), that steering is very
            heavy on these models without it. (Not as bad as a '56 Golden without P/S, but close)

            Comment


            • #7
              Beautiful car. I really admire the 56 Sky Hawk and like those colors.
              sigpic

              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

              Comment


              • #8
                To; 52-fan, -----Talk about nice colors on a '56 Sky Hawk, a Friend owned one that took first in it's class at the Studebaker International Meet held in Massachusetts in 1990. It was painted 'Sunglow Gold'
                over 'Yellowstone'. Definitely one of the nicest two-tone combinations offered in 1956!

                Comment


                • #9
                  SN-60. Like you I m a fond of that color combination. Have you seen one with the colors switched? If so, did you have a preference?
                  Thanks, Dan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To: CarCrosswordDan,----- That's a good question Dan, and I'm referring to the reversed combination (I believe). In other words, the 'Sunglow Gold' being used on the hood, tops of the doors, (above side mldg), and
                    deck lid. And the 'Yellowstone' used on the roof and below the side trim mouldings. (insert on deck lid also 'Yellowstone') That Sky Hawk really looked terrific painted like this!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      To SN-60 - Years ago there was a nicely restored 1956 Sky Hawk in the Mass. area. It changed hands and I only saw it a couple of times since and not in recent years. Are you aware of the car that I am referring to. It was two-tone, but the colors escape me (I rarely remember colors) [I think two medium colors].
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

                      SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        To: studegary,------- I have two cars in mind, but can You possibly pin down the years You remember seeing this vehicle (a bit closer)? By the way, I believe You'll remember Sheldon Henderson.
                        Am I correct about that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                          To: studegary,------- I have two cars in mind, but can You possibly pin down the years You remember seeing this vehicle (a bit closer)? By the way, I believe You'll remember Sheldon Henderson.
                          Am I correct about that?
                          Yes, of course I remember Sheldon. I purchased some things from him years ago. He used to drive over here to the Hudson Valley Chapter meets. Of course I also saw him at many of the Mass. meets (like Zone Meets and Lars Anderson Musuem).

                          The Sky Hawk was probably in the 1970s and maybe seen a couple of times with the new owner in the 1980s.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

                          SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            To: Gary, Yes, We called Sheldon 'The Godfather' of the Ocean Bay, (Mass-RI), SDC Chapter. He really liked the blue '49 Land Cruiser (or was it a Commander?) You would show (who wouldn't?)
                            The two-tone yellow Sky Hawk I mention above wasn't shown until that 1990 International in Massachusetts, and the other one I remember was painted a solid color, so I guess I don't
                            remember the one Your thinking of.
                            PS There was another '56 Sky Hawk I owned Myself back in the late '60's, but that was in My 'grey primer' days, and wouldn't fit Your description either.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                              To: Gary, Yes, We called Sheldon 'The Godfather' of the Ocean Bay, (Mass-RI), SDC Chapter. He really liked the blue '49 Land Cruiser (or was it a Commander?) You would show (who wouldn't?)
                              The two-tone yellow Sky Hawk I mention above wasn't shown until that 1990 International in Massachusetts, and the other one I remember was painted a solid color, so I guess I don't
                              remember the one Your thinking of.
                              PS There was another '56 Sky Hawk I owned Myself back in the late '60's, but that was in My 'grey primer' days, and wouldn't fit Your description either.
                              Do you have me confused with someone else? I never owned/showed any model of 1949 Studebaker.

                              EDIT: Maybe you have me confused with Jerry who had a 1949 Commander (National First) or John who had a 1949 Land Cruiser. They both also belonged to the Hudson Valley Chapter.
                              Last edited by studegary; 05-13-2012, 03:46 PM.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

                              SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X