Mother lode wrap up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother lode wrap up

Well, hauled the final load today in between shipping 30 ebay items, and listing a few dozen more. All the cars are now gone. Jeff got the Superlark, Bam's got the 59 Lark, Guido got the 62 GT, and I just sold the 63 GT to my friend Lee. The 62 GT has the wide whites Bam needs, and we found out the 63's 289 has 200 miles on a full rebuild. (That was after I sold the car)
    I'll be list a few dozen items on ebay for a few weeks, and take the big stuff to Reedsville.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Gt Hawk
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

I have already sent BAMS a note on the tires. After I see the condition of the car and I remove the new interior for mine, I may sell it whole or break it up. JP did mention on the phone this morning that it has a TT rear. []

Comment

I have already sent BAMS a note on the tires. After I see the condition of the car and I remove the new interior for mine, I may sell it whole or break it up. JP did mention on the phone this morning that it has a TT rear. []

Comment

Well, at least it had the emblem. Damn thing runs real strong too, shame about the rust. I have a few sets of tired GT interiors if you need them.

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        63 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        62 Gt Hawk
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Lark HT-60Hawk
        59 3E truck
        58 Starlight
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, at least it had the emblem. Damn thing runs real strong too, shame about the rust. I have a few sets of tired GT interiors if you need them.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          63 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          62 Gt Hawk
          62 Lark 2 door
          60 Lark HT-60Hawk
          59 3E truck
          58 Starlight
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Got the '62 GT loaded up at Tom's this morning, but traffic was a bear, both going and coming home. Went 16 miles in 75 minutes in one stretch on I-95, but the '62 GT is safely home. She looks BAD, the entire exterior has been slathered in POR 15 (which is peeling in places).

As JP said, it runs strong, fired up with just a turn of the key. The bottom side looks rough, I will get a better look at it before I take it off the rollback. However, a late lunch is first!

Comment

Got the '62 GT loaded up at Tom's this morning, but traffic was a bear, both going and coming home. Went 16 miles in 75 minutes in one stretch on I-95, but the '62 GT is safely home. She looks BAD, the entire exterior has been slathered in POR 15 (which is peeling in places).

As JP said, it runs strong, fired up with just a turn of the key. The bottom side looks rough, I will get a better look at it before I take it off the rollback. However, a late lunch is first!

Comment

Now you have two nice interiors and engines, and two rusty cars.

JDP/Maryland
                64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                64 GT R2
                63 GT R2
                63 Lark 2 door
                59 3E truck
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Now you have two nice interiors and engines, and two rusty cars.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  59 3E truck
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

JP,

I think your were confusing me with BAMS and the Hawk he got from Leonard in New York. Actually, my '62 is rust free as it came out of Bakersfield, CA, but the sun had damaged the interior which is why I wanted this car. It just turned 58K a couple of weeks ago on the way to the local AACA meet.

I just need to decide whether to keep the new one whole or to bust it apart. In addition to the new interior it also has a full dash and a 4V, both of which my car is lacking.

Here is a picture that Leonard took of it at the AACA meet.

Gary

Comment

JP,

I think your were confusing me with BAMS and the Hawk he got from Leonard in New York. Actually, my '62 is rust free as it came out of Bakersfield, CA, but the sun had damaged the interior which is why I wanted this car. It just turned 58K a couple of weeks ago on the way to the local AACA meet.

I just need to decide whether to keep the new one whole or to bust it apart. In addition to the new interior it also has a full dash and a 4V, both of which my car is lacking.

Here is a picture that Leonard took of it at the AACA meet.

Gary

Comment

Ah, Gary, just "Shoot it in the Head" and be done with it.
                        It sounds to me like it has more good parts than it being a good car.

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Ah, Gary, just "Shoot it in the Head" and be done with it.
                          It sounds to me like it has more good parts than it being a good car.

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

You are correct, I'm easily confused when it comes to tracking my car sales. I think my old rust bucket will be a worthy donor for your nice car.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                            64 GT R2
                            63 GT R2
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            59 3E truck
                            58 Starlight
                            52 & 53 Starliner
                            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

You are correct, I'm easily confused when it comes to tracking my car sales. I think my old rust bucket will be a worthy donor for your nice car.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                              64 GT R2
                              63 GT R2
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              59 3E truck
                              58 Starlight
                              52 & 53 Starliner
                              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...