Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woo-Hoo: Studebakers in NASCAR 2012 Nat'l Meet Seminar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-Hoo: Studebakers in NASCAR 2012 Nat'l Meet Seminar!

Florida SDCer Bob Coolidge, the 2012 SDC International Meet Committee, and The Studebaker National Museum have just confirmed plans for this wonderful seminar.

Particulars here:

http://racingstudebakers.com/foo/vie...php?f=1&t=2579
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

This is good news for sure. Tuesday, however, seems to be a busy day. Lots of conflicting things going on.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks for posting this Bob, I've got the date in my smart phone so I will not miss it.

Now lets watch one of the moderators move this post to the International Meet thread so NOBODY will read it!

Allen

Important 2012 SDC Nat'l Meet Seminar: Studebakers in NASCAR

by Bob Palmagood news for those attending the SDC International Meet in South Bend this summer:

Plans have just been confirmed for another wonderful seminar: Studebakers in NASCAR and Stock Car Racing. It will be presented by Florida SDC Studebaker NASCAR authority Bob Coolidge. Those of us who attended Bob's unusually well-done seminar on this topic at the 2004 SDC International Meet in Charlotte will remember the enormous amount of material Bob brought to the event; hundreds of 1950s and 1960s Studebaker stock car racing pictures and driver reports from "back in the time," many of them exposed publicly for the first time.

Bob has continued his research and document/photo acquisition since 2004 and has much new material to share.

The Studebakers in NASCAR and Stock Car Racing seminar at the 2012 SDC International Meet will be held from 1:00PM - 2:30PM Tuesday afternoon, July 31, 2012, in The Studebaker National Museum's Wiekamp Auditorium. Seating will be first-come, first-served, so "be there or be square" as I'm betting it will be a wonderful event and well-attended. The auditorim has an nice stage, "in the round" seating and good audio-visual provisions, so Bob will be able to make good use of the facilities with his material.

(Incidentally, Bob's presentation it will not conflict with The Co-Operator Tech Session held the same day, because the two events are being held in the comfortable, padded-seat, air-conditioned Wiekamp Audtiorium, at different times.) BP
      Bob Palma
      Technical Editor
      Turning Wheels
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I know exactly what your saying Allen ....I just had one of mine moved and all i was looking for is parts.....go figure. I think who ever moves stuff should have to explain themselves , cause I sure can't.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
        X