forum badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum badge

Mick and I are coming to South Bend and would like to get a forum badge to identify ourselves. Where do you get them?
    Dave.
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

G'day mates!

I am not sure about any more recent forum name badges or even t-shirts, for that matter, than this attempt, back in March of 2007, by Bob Shaw via "BondoBilly" (who made them up for us):

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=forum+shirts

May be some one has a few left over from that effort, they can share or maybe Mr. Shaw can provide some insight? Another thought, you might try emailing Bill Glass (AKA BondoBilly), through the forum or his "Bondobilly" website, to see if he has any left over. While he is not running the SDC store any longer, he may have kept what he had remaining.
    Last edited by glen; 05-08-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

There is a guy who has advertised in the last couple of issues of Turning Wheels that makes an awesome plastic color name badge thats really cool. Loved the ones he made for me and was also very fast. He had a nice color ad, cannot miss it.
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Originally posted by davepink53 View Post
        Mick and I are coming to South Bend and would like to get a forum badge to identify ourselves. Where do you get them?
        Dave.
        I believe I bought mine from Henry Votel (Minneapolis, Mn) when we waiting in line at SASCO for the truck farmers dinner in 2007. Maybe he still has some available?
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Forum Badge..... Now a Challenge

OK.....here is the challenge!.....I have come up with a spare name tag, which looks just like the image below, from when they were 1st available, back in 2007, which I can send along to Dave, at no charge, at least to an USA address, where he can retrieve it from. Is there anyone else on this forum, that can do the same? We need 1 more for Mick!

Comment

Thanks Glen. I will copy the image and make our own. Should not be too hard. See you all is SB.
            Dave Pink
            Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
            1925 ER Tourer
            1925 Panel Delivery
            1953 Champion Sedan
            1957 Golden Hawk
            1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
            http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

No problem Dave! The original name tags are 3 inches (76.2mm) in diameter, with a snap pin on the back side . If it doesn't work out for you, I can still send my spare to a US address, if you happen to stop somewhere along the way, stateside, before going on to South Bend

I see where Mr. B has a spare too....so there you go!
              Last edited by glen; 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I have one I'd give you. Although, making your own would probably be cheaper than mailing this one.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Who did the original... and is it copyrighted?? If not SDC member Stu Tritt could surely make them up for us.

Comment

The original tag, as stated above, was designed by Bob Shaw, our "Moderator Emeritus," and then made, for sale, by Bondobilly (AKA Bill Glass) back in March 2007. They were sold, both on the forum and at the SDC Store, for a short time. Whether or not they were copyrighted, you would have to ask, either Mr. Shaw or Bill Glass.

Comment

If nothing else, I will make my own 'forum badge' with my forum name and signature picture for easy identification to those whom may bump into me....though I may change my signature pic between now and then.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

For those of us that are new to the Forum, this is the first we have heard of these.
                        They are great! Hope to make one myself for the trip to South Bend, unless they are still available and I could get one at the Welcome night???
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          If nothing else, I will make my own 'forum badge' with my forum name and signature picture for easy identification to those whom may bump into me....though I may change my signature pic between now and then.
                          You better get the new Daytona on the signature pic Brent.
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

It's my understanding that copyright comes into being when an original item is authored. One does not have to apply for it.

Now, if one were intending to reproduce these badges in volume, to sell for a profit, then it wold be necessary to seek the original designer's permission to do so. However, in the case of an individual making a copy for his own use, absent a ready supply of the genuine article, one would hope that common sense would prevail.

Name badges certainly aren't a big profit item for the clubs or individuals who have a run made. I'm sure the badge manufacturers do all right, since they get their money up front.
                            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Badges & Shirts

We'll have the Forum badges for $1.00 each at the meet in July and we'll also have some Forum shirts too. Not sure what the price of the shirts will be.

Ed Reynolds
                              Studebaker International

Comment

Working...
                              X