Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by loc8tor View Post
    I see some have scrap listed next to them, does that mean they are already gone??
    No, just the most likely resolution. I'm trying to see that at least usable parts can be saved from even the worst ones. To this point, the '64 Commander 4-speed has been sold to a solid buyer, the '63 GT Hawk is supposed to be sold to a zero feedback bidder who asked for more time to make the deposit and pay (??), the '61 Cruiser is gone, the '57 Packard sedan is gone and either the '65 Commander or the blue '59-60 2-door Lark is gone (both promised).

Leave a comment:

• loc8tor
    replied
    I see some have scrap listed next to them, does that mean they are already gone??

Leave a comment:

• Boothguy
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    So, Paul!
    What news of Torrey?
    We pray for his comfort, and that of his family.
    He is still in the nursing home and is currently getting hospice care. I spoke with him yesterday and he still has his wits about him but tires very quickly. He did tell me that the 57 Packard sedan had been sold. He will need all the prayers we can muster.

Leave a comment:

• loc8tor
    replied
    I met Torey a few years back at a show in Martinsburg, great guy, he gave me a tour of his cars....If I may ask, whats going on?

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    So, Paul!
    What news of Torrey?
    We pray for his comfort, and that of his family.

Leave a comment:

• Dan White
    replied
    Sam welcome to the club. The '57 Broadmoor still has me in the dog house. I moved it out of sight for a while and hope the weather improves.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied
    Both, but the wife's temper will cool in time. I'll, at least, try to contain the rust on the car.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
    . As 53k stated above, all depends on what I find when I get it home.
    Do you mean about the car or your wife <G>?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Congrats on that, Sam. 'Glad to see the car going into secure storage inside, if nothing else. Best wishes on the mission. BP

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied
    I am the buyer of the Commander who is not very popular around the homefront at the moment. I just got home last Tuesday with my newly purchased '41 Champion from Pennsylvania. My wife is not overjoyed that I am taking off again for another Studebaker, especially since this one is what she detestingly describes as "Yard art." Needless to say, my Studebaker budget is quite well depleted.
    Ideally, I would like to see the car restored as the plain jane original other than some good-sounding mufflers. In reality, I will probably put it in the dry and hope someday my grandson, now a five-year-old Studebaker fan, will want to install the transmission, etc. in the convertible. As 53k stated above, all depends on what I find when I get it home.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    'All sounds good, Paul. Even if the '64 isn't restored as such, it will still be nice that it was parted responsibly and not crushed whole.

See if you can smoke out plans from the buyer, just out of curiosity. BP
    Smoked as requested. The buyer is a Forum member, SDC member and apparently a long-time Stude guy from Georgia. He admitted thinking of using the four-speed and rear end in his '64 Daytona convertible. However, his wife didn't like the idea. He said he had collected a lot of sheet metal that he bought years ago at SASCO. Final determination will be made when he gets it home dependent on engine condition and such.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'All sounds good, Paul. Even if the '64 isn't restored as such, it will still be nice that it was parted responsibly and not crushed whole.

See if you can smoke out plans from the buyer, just out of curiosity. BP

Leave a comment:

• lugamatic
    replied
    cars

paul i sent you a pm please read and call me

Leave a comment:

replied
    Well, we are down to the last hour for the eBay auction of the first two of Torrey Kirby's 100+ collection of cars. I have been blown away by the numbers of questions and the numbers of views and watchers on these two rough project cars, the2-door '64 Commander 289 4-speed on-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123 and the '63 GT-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123 both low openers with no reserve.
    Problem is, I can't get all these cars on eBay. Most of them are parts cars or just scrap. I decided to go ahead and post a list of the Studebakers here in case anyone is interested in dealing (should give quantity discounts). He also has Kaisers, a Frazer, some AMCs and some Ramblers plus three Nashes, some MoPars, some GM and a Ford rollback.

Very few of these cars have run in recent years, may have stuck engines. Mechanical condition undetermined.

‘64 Stude Commander 2 door, red , 289, 4-speed, bench seat. rough, but unusual and collectible (on eBay)

’64 Stude Commander 4 door white, in garage,, believed to be 6 cyl 3-speed, driven more recently

’47-’49 Champion 4-dr gray, in garage, looks decent (through window)

’58 Stude 4-door, in garage, believed to be President Classic, poor paint and pitted chrome

’65 Commander 4-door, brown, A/T, rust in fenders, hood, stuck, fairly solid, don’t know if 6 or V8

’58 Commander 4-dr, multi-colored, A/T, radio, not much rust, hood stuck

’64 Commander 2-dr, blue, A/T, rough, key in ignition, broken window

’59-’60 Lark 2-dr blue, A/T, fairly complete

’58 Commander 4-dr, black, locked, Stick, fairly complete, moderate rust

’63 Wagonaire, blue, sliding roof, moderate rust

’52 Champion 4-dr, medium green, A/T, fairly solid, many parts in back and trunk

‘54 Champion Coupe, light blue, no serial plate, extremely rusty, some $$ parts

’63 Lark Regal 4-dr, light blue, 6 cyl, stick, bad rust

’61 Lark convertible, yellow w/red interior, V8, well equipped, extreme rust,

’51 4-dr, light blue, Believe Regal Champion, stick, radio, fairly solid

’50 Champion 4-dr, Usable parts

’57 President Classic, turquoise/white, A/T, clock, very rusty, some usable parts

’59-’60 Lark 4-dr, blue, V-8, 2 bbl, A/T, radio, fairly solid, parts car

’40 Commander 4-dr, extreme surface rust, rusty body- scrap

’55 Commander 4-dr, OD, clock, usable grille

’62 Lark Regal 4-dr, A/T, split recliners w/headrests, pb radio, moderate rust

’64 Commander 4-dr, blue, no engine/trans, fairly solid, sell as parts car

‘63 Lark Regal 4-dr, white, no serial plate, 6 cyl, stick, radio, usable front fenders

’56 Pres Classic 4-dr, AT, pb radio, clock, wheel covers, much rust, very shabby

Zip Van (first), no serial plate, complete, but very rusty, some parts, scrap

Zip Van (second), same description, rusty, some parts, scrap

’63 Lark Regal 2-dr, white, 6 w/stick, very rusty, parts car, scrap

’62 Lark wagon, blue, AT, 6, split non-recliners seats, roof rack, pb radio, wheel covers, floors gone

’62 Lark Regal 4-dr, gray, AT, pb radio, sitting on ground, parts car

’54 Land Cruiser 4-dr, blue, AT, radio, clock, backups- parts car

’61 Lark hardtop Autumn Haze, 6 cyl stick, complete, sunk in ground to sills, very shabby

’64 Champ p/u, white, 6 cyl 3-spd, long bed, very rusty

’61 Lark Cruiser, Autumn Haze, 259 V8, O/D, very solid, little rust, shabby interior SOLD

’66 Cruiser 4-dr, lt blue,w/black vinyl top,AT, AM radio, usual rust, water stained seats, fair,

’64 Wagonaire, gray, AT, V8, sliding roof. very rusty, parts or scrap

’64 Cruiser 4-dr, black, split recliners, AT, clock, pb radio, moderate rust

’48-49 Land Cruiser 4-dr, radio gone, solid, backups

’63 Wagonaire, white, 6 cyl stick, sliding roof, very rusty, scrap

’56 Commander 4-dr AT, green and white, pb radio, clock, bad w/s and pass door glass

’61 Lark 2-dr, lt blue, 6 cyl, AT, little rust, bent fender, eBay

’63 Cruiser, blue, AT, ps, split recliners, clock, pb radio, wswashers, nicely equipped, ownership question

’66 Commander 4-dr, maroon, AT, V8, rusty floors, sold Kern Motors, Winchester, VA

’59 Lark hardtop, Reclining bench seat, V8 stick, very rusty floors

‘60 Lark wagon 4-dr, lt blue, 6 cyl, AT, dash partly gone, clock

’59 Lark 2-dr, blue, 6 cyl, stick, no radiator, rusty floors and fenders

’63 GT Hawk, red, Column AT, 289 V8 2 bbl, full dash, disc brakes, ps, moderate rust (on eBay)

’64 Commander or Challenger 4-dr, blue, hood stuck, not too much rust

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    I'm glad that Commander got a bid. I was planning to break my rule of NO new project cars if it didn't...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X