First two of Torrey Kirby's cars are on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First two of Torrey Kirby's cars are on eBay

Not my best effort on doing listings, but we are in a hurry. Got the 2-door '64 Commander 289 4-speed on-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123
    and a '63 GT-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123
    Low openers with no reserve.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Thank you for taking the time to do all this, Paul. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Thank you for taking the time to do all this, Paul. BP
      Yes, hopefully you'll find a home for them, but too far gone for me.l
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I have high hopes for the Commader. PBR clone material. The 4 speed will help sell it (heck, the 4 speed set up alone is worth the opening bid).

Would make a great sleeper...all stock (including the bench seat), white wheels, dog dish hubcaps, warmed 289.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I too like that Commander, and I'm not much of a Lark lover. If I were in any position (even a crazy desire) to do a full-redo on a car, I would be all over that.

Comment

FWIW, Paul, 64V15736 was built with Twin Traction, too, in addition to being a factory 4-speed, 210 HP 289.

(Just trying to be of modest assistance. <GGG>) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

FWIW, Paul, 64V15736 was built with Twin Traction, too, in addition to being a factory 4-speed, 210 HP 289.

I gotta know BP.. How could you know that?

Comment

Bob's spent more than his share of time in the archives.
                Dig with one specific purpose and unearth a wealth of information.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Just read the '63 GT listing.
                  Certainly one of the most honest and accurate descriptions I have ever seen on ebay..

Comment

I'd love to have the 4 speed set up even the TT if it is a 44. The auction will probably be over before i could scrape up the cash. But it would probably cost around $1000 to get it shipped here, wonder how hard it would be to get it loaded onto a truck?
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Wow! Thanks Bob. I wondered if it might be, but I didn't feel like crawling in the poison ivy to look at the differential.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                        I'd love to have the 4 speed set up even the TT if it is a 44. The auction will probably be over before i could scrape up the cash. But it would probably cost around $1000 to get it shipped here, wonder how hard it would be to get it loaded onto a truck?

Fortunately it's right where it could be winched right on to a rollback or a trailer.

Comment

Its very kind of you to be doing this for someone in need.

Stude people , What the heck is it with them ?

I think it is a rare and wonderfull thing.

But wait,.... Is that just because I live in California ?

Just kidding but I myself respect and admire your efforts.

Dean.

Comment

Both cars now have bids and I have had a bunch of questions. I'm encouraged to start a couple more auctions.

Comment

Paul , do you have a rear window clear for a 58 Packard sedan hardtop or even a 57 Studebaker NOT A HAWK
                              email me at joebetsy@nc.rr.com or call me 330 502 5930
                              thanks , joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
                              X