Out of touch eBayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of touch eBayer

You know, if Dick's GT Hawk sells he will have some time and cash to devote to this car. [}]

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

You know, if Dick's GT Hawk sells he will have some time and cash to devote to this car. [}]

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Out of touch eBayer

You have to love this guy's ad (as well as his car). Of course, with zero feedback, he may not understand what it takes to have a successful auction. (Dick - he is near you and needs help!)

This is the one picture of the car:

He also starts it at $3,500 with a higher reserve but then states "Highest Bid or Best Offer."

Then at the end of the ad he has the following in underlined bold red ink:

"[u]Attention Watchers!: Price will not go any lower than it already is and that it will go to the scrap yard along with all the brand new parts for it before the price will lower.</u>"

We all know that he will get nowhere near that price for it with a scrapper, so why even make the threat? [xx(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...35454227QQrdZ1

Comment

Maybe he knows the guy that is trying to sell that 50 starlite coupe.I thought he sold that car?[:0] Just as I was going to leave my Grandkids my Studebaker.

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

Maybe he knows the guy that is trying to sell that 50 starlite coupe.I thought he sold that car?[:0] Just as I was going to leave my Grandkids my Studebaker.

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

Gotsta be the worst,saddest,funniest,dumbest,sickest,strangest-you name it,-ebay ad I've ever seen.If it were close to my home I'd offer $25.00-[delivered]and sit back and wait for his reaction....

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Gotsta be the worst,saddest,funniest,dumbest,sickest,strangest-you name it,-ebay ad I've ever seen.If it were close to my home I'd offer $25.00-[delivered]and sit back and wait for his reaction....

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Ka-Ching! eBay collects another listing fee. Based on what little the picture shows, the car's value more closely approaches $350 than $3500. And the threat to send it to the scrapper is kind of hollow, given the huge demand for 6-auto, '62 Larks in tough shape.

I know where I could get a running V8 '62 Lark for close to the $350 figure, and I'm not tripping over myself to get it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Ka-Ching! eBay collects another listing fee. Based on what little the picture shows, the car's value more closely approaches $350 than $3500. And the threat to send it to the scrapper is kind of hollow, given the huge demand for 6-auto, '62 Larks in tough shape.

I know where I could get a running V8 '62 Lark for close to the $350 figure, and I'm not tripping over myself to get it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

And a 4-door to boot! [:0]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard
                    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

And a 4-door to boot! [:0]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard
                      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I wrote him:

"I hate to see any Studebaker scrapped but your starting bid is unrealistic for that body style and condition. "

JDP/Maryland
                        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                        63 GT R2
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        62 Gt Hawk
                        62 Lark 2 door
                        60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                        59 3E truck
                        58 Starlight
                        52 & 53 Starliner
                        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I wrote him:

"I hate to see any Studebaker scrapped but your starting bid is unrealistic for that body style and condition. "

JDP/Maryland
                          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                          63 GT R2
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          62 Gt Hawk
                          62 Lark 2 door
                          60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                          59 3E truck
                          58 Starlight
                          52 & 53 Starliner
                          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP

I wrote him:

You will have to let us know if you receive any sort of meaningful reply.[:0]

Mark
                            57 Transtar
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander
                            Zone Coordinator
                            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP

I wrote him:

You will have to let us know if you receive any sort of meaningful reply.[:0]

Mark
                              57 Transtar
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander
                              Zone Coordinator
                              Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Working...
                              X