1959 Door Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Door Handle

I've done it again. After putting some of the trim back on the Lark I was in the process of installing the door handles and noticed that the passenger side was different from the drivers side. The passenger side was hit before I purchased the car so it was replaced with a later model. I had not noticed this for the past 9 years of ownership. The dumb thing is I have given away and junked so many parts over the past year that I don't have, or can't find, a replacement in the parts that are left. Does any one have a spare 59/60 in good condition with no dents or scratches. Not NOS as the car is nice and used. Will pay shipping and purchase price. I can swap it for the one I have, 1961/2/3, if that is any help.

I'm sure I have one. PM me with your contact info.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

One of our local members did a nice restore on a C cab pickup, and showed pictures to his parts man.

Parts man immediately saw that he had put a big truck fender in the RF, and the correct small truck fender on the LF.

Some colorful language probably followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        I'm sure I have one. PM me with your contact info.
        Sent PM but ha some trouble. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

Comment

I might have one but not sure on shape if so I will just have you pay shipping wouldn't need any money for the handle ill look at it tomorrow!

Comment

Please dig out what you can find and check it out. If you check out my past posts you can find some pics of the car so although its not a show car I would be looking for a straight usable handle. By definition a driver but not trash. Sub show quality that can be shinned up to match the rest of the car.
            Last edited by ; 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: Wrote it from my cell phone and some times the words get changed before I know it.

Comment

Any one find a good usable handle? I can put the later model back on but that just seems a shame to do so.

Comment

I've only found one so far but I should have at least 4 from my 60 Lark parts car. The one has a gouge on the front edge that could possibly cut someone. l'll keep looking.
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks Warren, I did not know these were a hard part to find. I must have thrown out/scrapped four of them earlier this year when cleaning out some parts. All four doors that were rust free from a 59 4 door car. Another one of those woulda, shoulda, coulda, moments. Even if some one would have taken them they would still be recoverable but alas no one would take them so they went off to made into something hopefully useful as even now in their memory they were, and are, needed and missed.

Comment

Well Skybolt, I hope it was worth the wait! I went to a pick a part yard today in Pedley & what do I see? A 59 2 door Lark with ONE door handle on it & in decent shape to boot!! I'll bring it with me to La Palma for you...that is your going there too right??
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks Warren. Will catch up as per our phone conversation.

Len.

Comment

Working...
                      X