'33 Stude on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '33 Stude on ebay

Just listed the '33 Commander (I sold it on ebay 6 months ago). The new owner has had life get in the way and the car needs a new home.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110875237492

'Sure is a pretty car...and from such tumultuous, low-production Studebaker year:

Just imagine how close the company was to extinction within months either way of that car being built.

A wonderful piece of history. Just looking at it is a treat.

(Now, if I can just find that BIG coffee can buried in the back yard....) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wait am minute. You (Matthew) owned THIS car? I have two questions: is the stainless business a goldmine? And, if you owned this car why did you ever sell it - unless you had to?
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Wait am minute. You (Matthew) owned THIS car? I have two questions: is the stainless business a goldmine? And, if you owned this car why did you ever sell it - unless you had to?
        If only my pockets went that deep!

This makes the 3rd time I've made an attempt to find this car a new home. First go round, I found the car for my friend in Kentucky. He bought the car, decided it wasn't what he wanted, and had me sell it on ebay. It was then bought by a guy in California, who before having it shipped, ended up going through divorce. Now several months later, I've been asked to help find it a home yet again. The poor guy in Cali has never even seen the car with his own eyes.

Comment

Matt, remember that you may become liable for taxes on these eBay sales, even if they're not your cars. There have been some that have just started getting 1099s from eBay, which means taxable income. I believe Bob Petersen was one of them, but I couldn't find the thread where it was discussed, within the last year.

I'm assuming if this car sells it will be north of $20K. That's way beyond the yearly limit I've heard mentioned, which was somewhere around $6K. If this is accurate, that could mean a serious tax bill. Best to ask a tax guy, and maybe others here will know something about it.

Something to look into.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Bob.

Comment

Working...
            X