Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Stude Ready For the Prom!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Stude Ready For the Prom!

    Attended a show yesterday in Edmond, OK. I thought I had a "before" picture of this car from last year, but can't find it. Anyway, it was at last year's show, and in need of a paint job at that time. It's done!:



    More pictures here of a few of my favorites at the show, and some of our club members' cars:

    http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...20Show%202012/
    Last edited by Studedude; 05-06-2012, 07:52 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

  • #2
    Now that is sinister sweet!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

    Jeff


    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

    Comment


    • #3
      I wish I had known about that show...

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice wheels.

        Oh, I meant the black car...not the red car.
        Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM. Reason: Clarification so as to not endorse the wheels on the red car.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          Now that is sinister sweet!
          Somehow, I just knew you'd like it!

          And... I found one of the pics of this car from last year... what a difference a year makes!:



          As you can tell, this show is sponsored by the local Classic Chevy club. Gotta love this country... you can show up at a Chevy show, and still win an award with your Studebaker!

          Originally posted by Randy_G View Post
          I wish I had known about that show...

          Randy, I'm sorry I didn't mention it. There were several shows in the area yesterday, and I wasn't sure if/where I was going.

          Our local car club, the Cimarron Starlite Cruisers, has one of the best, most complete lists of shows in Oklahoma. You might want to check it out to see what's happnin' where 'n when:

          http://slauener.tripod.com/id7.html
          Last edited by Studedude; 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
            Nice wheels.

            Oh, I meant the black car...not the red car.
            I knew what ya meant, ya ol' meany.

            I still like mine better... they aren't just like all the other cookie cutter lookalikes!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              Somehow, I just knew you'd like it!

              And... I found one of the pics of this car from last year... what a difference a year makes!:



              As you can tell, this show is sponsored by the local Classic Chevy club. Gotta love this country... you can show up at a Chevy show, and still win an award with your Studebaker!



              Randy, I'm sorry I didn't mention it. There were several shows in the area yesterday, and I wasn't sure if/where I was going.

              Our local car club, the Cimarron Starlite Cruisers, has one of the best, most complete lists of shows in Oklahoma. You might want to check it out to see what's happnin' where 'n when:

              http://slauener.tripod.com/id7.html

              Thanks for the link, I'm adding it to my directory of events. I'm always looking for quality shows with restored cars over the hot rods I can photograph.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                Our local car club, the Cimarron Starlite Cruisers, has one of the best, most complete lists of shows in Oklahoma. You might want to check it out to see what's happnin' where 'n when:

                http://slauener.tripod.com/id7.html
                I can't imagine that "Starlite" has anything to do with Studebaker Starlights or that "Cruisers" involves Chrysler PT Cruisers, but does the "Cimarron" mean that it is basically a Cadillac club?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

                SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  .....but does the "Cimarron" mean that it is basically a Cadillac club?
                  Don't tell me you actually OWN one of those! If you do, you must be the only member!!

                  Craig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Don't tell me you actually OWN one of those! If you do, you must be the only member!!

                    Craig
                    I do NOT own one, never did own one and do not plan on ever owning one.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

                    SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I can't imagine that "Starlite" has anything to do with Studebaker Starlights or that "Cruisers" involves Chrysler PT Cruisers, but does the "Cimarron" mean that it is basically a Cadillac club?
                      Funny you should ask. <G>

                      We are on the banks of the Cimarron River, or in the Cimarron valley. When we were in the process of forming our club, we were holding evening cruise-ins at the local Sonic.

                      We needed a name for the club... "Rusty Nuts" was quite a popular suggestion, but the lady folks didn't approve.

                      I suggested Cimarron Starlight Cruisers, and that suggestion won by popular vote... except that Starlight was changed to Starlite so as not show preference to any particular make or model of car.

                      I didn't have the heart to 'splain "Cruiser" to them. <G>
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Very nice -- I've always liked the black with red interior combo on vintage cars. Too bad these days on 99% of new cars, you're lucky if you get two interior color choices, grey or tan...
                        sigpic

                        1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Regal Deluxe Trim
                        Automatic transmission
                        46k original miles, 4th Owner

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                          Very nice -- I've always liked the black with red interior combo on vintage cars. Too bad these days on 99% of new cars, you're lucky if you get two interior color choices, grey or tan...
                          Said the man selling the frying pan; "Grey or tan, Stan?"
                          JimsLeadCommander

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X