Oscar Pics finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Pics finally

Here he is, a bit more done than before...bed is visually done. I need some steel framing around the wood bed, some rear wheels and new tires {I love the Budds, but I want tubless} a headliner, Carpet kit is on the way already, patch in the dash panel where the radio is....and that is about it....almost there. Not that a 62 year old hot rod is EVER DONE. Oh yeah I wanna lower the front 2 more inches...

http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/z...ymac530/Oscar/

Feel free to repost other places if you like them...or modify them for cool effects...I stink at that.

Comment

Link no workee.....
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Worked for me! Looking good!!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Coming along nice Kelly. That cab is really quiet now with all that insulation. Money well spent. Leroy celebrated his 63rd birthday yesterday by visiting the Route 66 Fun Run here in Kingman.
          Rick
          Kingman, AZ

Comment

So what do you guys think, Use some metal fenders to fill in the bed, or use strips of wood on a radius to shape the fenderwell?

Maybe after seeing him someone will now want to drive him to La Palma....maybe not.
            Last edited by kmac530; 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM. Reason: add

Comment

lookin' good!!!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                So what do you guys think, Use some metal fenders to fill in the bed, or use strips of wood on a radius to shape the fenderwell?

Maybe after seeing him someone will now want to drive him to La Palma....maybe not.
                Kelly

I like the truck a lot and the wooden bed looks really nice.

I must say though, that even before I read your question, I looked at the missing rear fenders and my mind said steel. In fact, I said if it were mine I go to the local trailer parts store and look at the fenders they stock. I'll bet you can find some that are large enough to look concentric with the tires and fit the bed looks.

I do a lot of woodwork but I think wooden fenders just wouldn't look right this time.

JMO, Bob

Comment

I agree with Bob. Metal would look better.
                  Rick
                  Kingman, AZ

Comment

Thanks for the input Rick and Bob.
                    I was looking at trailer fenders. I have a few saved in my "Favorites" that I am almost ready to pop on.

Comment

I am always up for input on things, so if you see something you would change, throw it out there...I will listen.

Comment

agree w/ bob & rick, also some "cool" looking mud flaps might help with keeping some of the rare rain, or driving over a street gutter (culvert) when someone irrigates too much in the neighborhood , and keep the wood, etc. semi-moisture free...

Comment

These are the ones I was thinking of, they fit on the radius, but they are an inch and a half too narrow. I could easily split them and add a 2" strip welded in.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...Product%20Page

The rear tires are not what it will stay with. I have new rear wheels and new tires coming in the next 2 weeks or so...rears will be 10" wide custom cut tread tires on a modern carcass recapped.
                          These guys, third tire down, Hurst 30x10x16 with WWW:

http://www.hurstracingtires.com/1093440.html

They will be grooved with their custom "Ascot" dirt track pattern....got go with the Ascot since I spent 5 nights a week there much of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                            agree w/ bob & rick, also some "cool" looking mud flaps might help with keeping some of the rare rain, or driving over a street gutter (culvert) when someone irrigates too much in the neighborhood , and keep the wood, etc. semi-moisture free...
                            Some of these:

http://www.allvintagetrucks.com/prod...mack-mud-flaps

But paint over the K on the Mack and make it just say Mac trucks....or maybe cut the lettering up and reweld the metal plate up say "kMac" trucks...

Comment

i'd probably go with this, and cut to fit...

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...4%22W+x+30%22L

...since i'm a "KW", not a "KM", and more of a caso price ...

i like your idea of painting over the mack's "K". the labor involved of "cut and pasting" the "K", might be put to better use, until you're done with Oscar - but being "done" will never happen!

Comment

Working...
                              X