No announcement yet.

La Palma meet ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be there. We should have a time to be at the tent in the center. Or thereabouts. Say each hour on the hour.

Comment

Have fun you guys. I will log on sunday night to see some pics !!!!

Comment

White Cruiser won't be there.

Originally posted by Dick Clemens View Post
        Can't be there but I'll be thinking about all the years I was able to be there. Say hello to all the Southern Ca. members that remember me.
        So Cal export

studedick from the lower Ozarks
        Fay and I will be judging at the meet, but all 7 Studes are in Montana. The 64 and 65 Cruisers have been repainted, white and blue, respectively, and this summer I will re-install the chrome, stainless steel, replace window channels and felt. Have all the windlace coming in red and blue, plus headliners in perforated white, but the same vendor let me down on the seat covers in blue vinyl, although he will send back the full pre-paid purchased price of the covers when he ships on June 1. Unfortunately, we don't have time to get the white Cruiser ready to drive to South Bend, but we will probably bring the seats from the blue cruiser down to East LA to get a first rate upholstery job done in a Chicano shop. Much more reliable than mid-western vendors.
        sigpic
        Jack, in Montana

Comment

I just got home a little while ago & what a great meet it was! Every year it seems the cars get better & better as if I'm the only one aging! Great turnout & nice to see some old friends including Ed Reynolds, Doug Hughes, Bill Oliver, John Metzger, Ross & others & ones I know were there but didnt run into from here such as Silverhawkdan & Mark. Even the swap meet area was the best its been in years with alot of goodies & participation. I even got a wheel that looks to be a match to what was needed on the Zip Van! I'll know this week when I have the tire from the "Buick" wheel thats on it now put on the Stude wheel from the meet. Weather couldnt have been more ideal as the morning chill went away by 8am & even by noon it remained comfortable. Another sucessful effort for all who worked so hard in the local chapters.

When my wife posts the pictures to my photobucket account I'll post the link here.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

My son John and I made the trip with Dan Manko, '5556pres' in his 55 state sedan. We had a fantastic time! I enjoyed conversing with 'doug' and fell in love with his 63/66 lark sedan! My boy and I picked up a few treasures at the swap meet and we made at least three laps around the car show. We have over twenty studes left in our collection, but seeing a large group like this that actually run and drive has reinspired John to get back to work on his 66 commander. And for that , I am thankfull!!
            Last edited by studebaker of lompoc; 05-28-2012, 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling
            Tom McCaffrey

Comment

Here are the pictures I took. There were 101 cars/trucks there. Just a fun and beautiful day! Thanks for another wonderful meet.

Mark

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/s...0Palma%202012/

Comment

Thanks for the pics- I soooo miss being able to hit that show...
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This was the first time I have ever been to one of these meets. A really relaxing way to enjoy the mid-day. Fine cars ranging allover the map from unrestored to well restored to rat rod to high tech rod. The folks were all friendly and welcoming and to top it off, they were serving a darn good chili! With any luck, the next time I come I'll drive something a little more fitting...

Ken Buchanan

Comment

Was all set to come, but Saturday morning early I heard the Panamint mountains calling.

Comment

Mark...THANK YOU. Those pics were great. Man I hope next year things are different for me and we can go.

Anyone have a total number of cars/trucks that ended up showing up there?

pdrnec, you know the Panamints are there EVERY weekend right? 51 other weekend chances to go there, 364 other days....
                      Last edited by kmac530; 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Kelly, they announced during the awards that they had 101 cars register by the end of the day. Just amazing and a fun day!

Next year I am sure I will have you and your trucks picture in the group. Mark your calendar now for Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. It is the same day every year!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X