Wagonaire spotted! - Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire spotted! - Seattle

Spotted this gem when I was out getting dinner tonight. It had an SDC badge in the grill. I would really like to have those dog-dishes! Have a few more pictures that I can post later if wanted. Looks like it was all there.

1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Studebaker spotted in Seattle

This looks like it could be in West Seattle, but I have not seen the car before. Looks nice and clean. Where did you see the car and where did you go to eat?

Comment

Of course we want to see more pics!

AND... know more about the car/owner!
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

1963 King County license plate. Always a local car.

Full wheel covers must have ben an option...even on a P8 Daytona.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The car is sitting at a shop near U-Village. I was picking up dinner at Kid Valley on 25th/55th. That should probably zero some of the locals in. If I had info regarding the owner I would share it with you. Unfortunately the shop was closed and the owner was no where to be seen. I would probably trade my full covers for some dogs.

I am emailing the pics from my phone right now for upload. I will try to get down there tomorrow to take more pics.

Comment

Good looking car & Rose Mist to boot!
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The car seemed to be fairly complete. The interior was full of stuff.... including what appeared to be some of the original tires and spare parts. Sorry I didnt take more pics of the interior, maybe if I get back I will.

Comment

I have lots of dog dish hubcaps, if you really want a set. I plan to go to the Monroe Swap Meet in 2 weeks, so I could bring them along.
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Is this Olivepicks class project car? Sure does look like it, and it's in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                    Is this Olivepicks class project car? Sure does look like it, and it's in Seattle.
                    Nope. His class project is green. Looks like we have another 63 project going on in Seattle!

Originally posted by gordr View Post
                    I have lots of dog dish hubcaps, if you really want a set. I plan to go to the Monroe Swap Meet in 2 weeks, so I could bring them along.
                    How much would you like for them? I'll check to see if I can make it and let you know as soon as I do.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this to see if it was a board members car

Comment

Well, I went rooting for hubcaps today. First observation: there is a weird and wonderful assortment of "dog dish" hub caps to fit the Lark series cars. I should have remembered that, as it was the subject of a TW article some years ago.

Anyway, I can easily provide 4 of the common '63 caps. which have a depressed center with a "lazy S" logo, the background of which may be painted black. I also think I can come with 4 caps that have a somewhat larger raised center, bearing the lazy S, along with a rim divided into inch-long "slots" that are painted black. There seem to be 2 variants of this one, and I don't know if I have a full set all of the one variant. They are close enough, you could put one type on the left side, and the other on the right, and practically nobody would twig onto it.

I could take pictures, if you want. You can have your choice of four if you buy me a beer at Monroe.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I am working on making sure I can make it up there for the Meet. Once I know, I will PM you. If you can snag pictures, that would be most excellent. Assuming I can make it, a beer can definitely be had!

Comment

Gawd I can still remember the unique sound one of those little hubcaps make when you pry it off with the jack handle

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                              The car is sitting at a shop near U-Village. I was picking up dinner at Kid Valley on 25th/55th. That should probably zero some of the locals in. If I had info regarding the owner I would share it with you. Unfortunately the shop was closed and the owner was no where to be seen. I would probably trade my full covers for some dogs.

I am emailing the pics from my phone right now for upload. I will try to get down there tomorrow to take more pics.
                              I have an NOS set of caps that I don't want, we might be able to work out a deal.
                              Rgs Brian
                              Brian Greenall
                              Melbourne, OZ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X