Avanti Hurst Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Hurst Shifter

The shift lever is to far to the left side of the hole in the console. (63 Avanti) How can this be corrected?
    Allen

I just today sold the 4 speed setup from my brothers 63 Avanti that had a Hurst shifter on it. When I put it together originally I had to cut the shift handle mounting stub off, weld on a couple pieces of bar stock to relocate the stub piece where it needed to be, and then welded the stub piece back onto the bar stock in the right place. Sounds like a lot of work,but careful measuring and several checks and re-checks were really the most trouble. Hope this helps.B.V.

Comment

My brother has a '64...........never a problem went in like a glove..........save for a very small hole under the console carpet for a bolt.

Comment

But he is not utilizing the stock Hurst handle...............he is using a handle made by Jon Myer to fit and look as did the OEM handle.

Comment

Does not look like the Avanti shifter brackets I have seen. I have the Hurst part numbers for the conversion from stock Stude to Hurst if you need them.

Comment

Working...
          X