X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    To: Bob Palma,---- If 'Big Foot' ran over a '66 Studebaker, it's name should be changed to 'Big Fool'!
    Not a bad idea.

The '66 Studebaker, if it was one and I think it was, was right in the middle of a line of maybe six or seven cars shoved tightly together door-to-door.

As they do once the cars are all lined up for these events, they then painted the whole line of cars a dull flat color, chrome and all. In this case, they were all painted a dull lime green. BP

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    There one less for the registry

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: Bob Palma,---- If 'Big Foot' ran over a '66 Studebaker, it's name should be changed to 'Big Fool'!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    started a topic Speaking of '66s....

Speaking of '66s....

Has anyone else seen the earliest history of the Monster Truck Big Foot on The History Channel's older documentary of monster machines? The show includes pulling tractors and other huge, powerful machines. I was watching it the other day with my 2+ year-old grandson, an a card-carrying monster truck nut.

I'm all but certain one of the earliest clips they showed of the original Big Foot leaping over and crushing a row of cars included a 1966 Studebaker in the line being crushed. The single-headlight front end was distinctive; not 1964 vintage. (You know how those things are; you think you saw something and wish you could rewind, but cannot.)

Still, I'd bet $10 there was a 1966 Studebaker right in the middle of one row of old cars crushed in that early, fuzzy footage of the original Big Foot monster truck. (Big Foot was relatively small in that iteration, so it was likely among the oldest footage of the truck extant.) BP
Working...
X