1964 Daytona R3 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona R3 Engine

My dad has a 1964 Daytona convertible with an R3 engine in it. It has less than 3000 miles on it. Looking for an idea of its value. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tazman1615; 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM.

Photos of it would go a long ways in making that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_G View Post
      Photos of it would go a long ways in making that call.
      In addition to photos...car SN, body tag number, and engine SN.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Is it a restored car or in good original condition or ???
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Add several pictures. The car has not been restored, it is original condition including the top. I will get the SN's and post.

Comment

Dang!!! Very nice and with Halibrands to boot Does it have any rust issues?

Comment

Is your dad OK?

Originally posted by tazman1615 View Post
              My dad has a 1964 Daytona convertible with an R3 engine in it. It has less than 3000 miles on it. Looking for an idea of its value. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I think that is a car that Ed Reynolds restored a number of years ago.
                Bob Caser
                mrbobinc

Comment

No rust issues that I saw.

Comment

I'm quite sure that is Ed's former car. I think the engine may be out of one of the Bonneville cars.

Denny L

Comment

He is doing fine but getting older and is thinking of selling the car.

Comment

Newbie here so trying to figure out how to post more photos. According to my dad the car was ordered with the R3 engine and delivered to CA. It has the R3 badges on it.

Comment

Have added album with additional pictures.

Comment

I was thinking that Ed R.'s former car had the R3 out of one of the 9 Avantis.

There were no factory built R3 convertibles. Just 9 Avantis and one Commander 2 door sedan.

But regardless.. Very cool car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Caser View Post
                              I think that is a car that Ed Reynolds restored a number of years ago. Bob Caser
                              That's what I was thinking, Bob. IIRC, the car Ed assembled was silver, but it's been awhile. Perhaps Ed will post. I've often wondered what happened to that car; it's been a long time since I saw it.

Hmmm....wouldn't it be something if this car was body #64V-L8 423? Remember, 1964 Daytona Convertible Body #423 has never been accounted for; there is no known Serial Number assigned to a convertible built with Body #423.

IF this is a South-Bend car (note the all-white steering wheel) with any Body Number other than 423, we can document that it was not shipped with an R3 engine. But with a white steering wheel, Body #423 unaccounted for, and Hamilton-produced 1964 V8 convertibles not in the mix, "Never say never." BP

EDIT: Ed Reynolds has confirmed it was his car and he confirmed the color black, not silver.
                              Last edited by BobPalma; 05-01-2012, 10:30 AM. Reason: "color correction!"
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X