Year of Packard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of Packard?

Can any of the Packard people tell me what year my dad's Packard was? I seem to remember it being a 1949. The photo was taken in 1952. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	May 1952 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1735766
    Rick
    Kingman, AZ

It's either a 46 or 47 from my research there is no difference in the rear of the two year models.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_G View Post
      It's either a 46 or 47 from my research there is no difference in the rear of the two year models.
      Ok I broke out my Packard book, there is no change between the 1946 and the 1947 year model Packard Clipper, which I believe this car to be.

Comment

Thanks Randy.
        Rick
        Kingman, AZ

Comment

Hi

Yes, it's a 1946 or 1947 21st Series Clipper, which model it is would be hard to determine from the rear. The differences between each of the four models are details such as wheelbase length (120" vs 127"), front fender/hood length, script placement or lack thereof, grille extensions, wheelcovers, engine and interior trim.

Any more recollection of your dad's Packard?

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. I wish I had a photo of the front of it. I remember it was big and black and, to a little kid, had tons of room in the back seat. I also remember going to a picnic when I was three (1950) and some wiring under the car caught fire and dad put it out with the orange juice mom had packed for our picnic. I imagine dad traded in his 1939 Studebaker Champion on it. He had the Champ in 1941 when my sister was born and I have this photo of me sitting on it in 1948. I have a long history with Studebaker.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1948 PA_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1674325
            Rick
            Kingman, AZ

Comment

Man that is one cool picture.
              The shirt, the house in the background, the dog, the reflection of the building on the door, the shadows from the tree.
              That is entirely cool.
              A hot summer day, in the shade, with a car.
              Wern't life grand ?
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
              X