Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WILL be going to South Bend this week end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WILL be going to South Bend this week end.

Phoenix, the Studebaker formally known as Rustobaker, has proven to be a very reliable Stude. I have been making a few trips in him, 300 miles max so far. It's time for the real test, a 1400 mile round trip this week from Douglasville, Ga. to South Bend, In. and (hopefully) back.
    I wont be able to haul any bumpers, but if anyone wants to bring some valve covers or anything small you want plated or replated I will gladly save you the shipping charges. (no greasy parts please)
    If you are not going to SB and are somewhere along my route, I can meet you.
    My route is I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to Nashville, I-65 to Indianapolis, I-465W around Indy, then US-31 on up to SB.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Gonna be a quick trip! That's one fast '55.

Comment

My wife needs a Yuengling Black and Tan. You got room in in the trunk?

Comment

The route you planned is all good. I just drove it, saturday. A few lane closures that should be no problem. The I 65 rest area in Indiana near Columbus In, is closed. Fill the tank before entering Indiana.
        Have a safe ride, and hope to meet you.I

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Phoenix, the Studebaker formally known as Rustobaker, has proven to be a very reliable Stude. I have been making a few trips in him, 300 miles max so far. It's time for the real test, a 1400 mile round trip this week from Douglasville, Ga. to South Bend, In. and (hopefully) back.
          I wont be able to haul any bumpers, but if anyone wants to bring some valve covers or anything small you want plated or replated I will gladly save you the shipping charges. (no greasy parts please)
          If you are not going to SB and are somewhere along my route, I can meet you.
          My route is I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to Nashville, I-65 to Indianapolis, I-465W around Indy, then US-31 on up to SB.
          Hope you have a safe trip and hope to see you there.

Joe H

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
            My wife needs a Yuengling Black and Tan. You got room in in the trunk?
            I will be drinking Yuengling on Friday in Pittsburgh!
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

Jerry ....PM sent
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks Jerry ....sent you another question
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato