Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Auction in September

Hi
    Take a look on VanDerBrink's webpage for this listing, there are a few Studebaker scattered through it.
    That '57 President Classic looks savable and there is a rare Corbitt tractor.http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/items...AllPhotos=True

Steve

Been to 2 of her auctions.She needs 2 days as she has to be the slowest auctioneer in the country.Talking to other folks who have been to her auctions she sure loses potential buyers due to her pace.I plan on leaving proxy bids as I'll be out of town.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Been to 2 of her auctions.She needs 2 days as she has to be the slowest auctioneer in the country.Talking to other folks who have been to her auctions she sure loses potential buyers due to her pace.I plan on leaving proxy bids as I'll be out of town.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

She needs to take a lesson from Kurt Aumann to find out how to finish on time. Looks like several Oliver diesel tractors, including what appears to be a Mighty Tow. [][]

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

She needs to take a lesson from Kurt Aumann to find out how to finish on time. Looks like several Oliver diesel tractors, including what appears to be a Mighty Tow. [][]

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

I have been to two of her auctions. One Studebaker related and the other Packard related......both were extremely painful !!! On the Packard on they were just getting to the cars at 11:45. they auctioned two off and stopped to auction off the house at noon. Two hours later they finally got back to the cars. Sad part about it, they never sold the house at the auction. Didn't make reserve so they said they would list it with a real estate company. The whole time this house junk was going on, one would think that they would have another ring going for the cars, but they did not. Tons of people left which made a good buy on some parts.

Comment

I have been to two of her auctions. One Studebaker related and the other Packard related......both were extremely painful !!! On the Packard on they were just getting to the cars at 11:45. they auctioned two off and stopped to auction off the house at noon. Two hours later they finally got back to the cars. Sad part about it, they never sold the house at the auction. Didn't make reserve so they said they would list it with a real estate company. The whole time this house junk was going on, one would think that they would have another ring going for the cars, but they did not. Tons of people left which made a good buy on some parts.

Comment

My friends (Doyles) that are in the auction business, www.AARauctions.com, sell at a professional pace. They sell real estate in about 15 minutes, vehicles in about five minutes and normal stuff at the rate of about 100 items per hour. I have bought and sold houses, cars and much other stuff through them. They are honest auctioneers with a good company and reputation.

These quoted times are for general public sales where you are not dealing with professional auction goers. I have attended many closed dealer only vehicle auctions, including where Rob Doyle was the auctioneer, and the vehicles usually sell at a rate of 60 to 100 per hour.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My friends (Doyles) that are in the auction business, www.AARauctions.com, sell at a professional pace. They sell real estate in about 15 minutes, vehicles in about five minutes and normal stuff at the rate of about 100 items per hour. I have bought and sold houses, cars and much other stuff through them. They are honest auctioneers with a good company and reputation.

These quoted times are for general public sales where you are not dealing with professional auction goers. I have attended many closed dealer only vehicle auctions, including where Rob Doyle was the auctioneer, and the vehicles usually sell at a rate of 60 to 100 per hour.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have always been amazed at how Kurt Aumann can assess the items to be sold and come up with an end time for the sale. When you sell at a good clip and knock out literally hundreds of items and finish within 5 minutes of your predicted time you know what you are doing (all while getting good prices).

Comment

I have always been amazed at how Kurt Aumann can assess the items to be sold and come up with an end time for the sale. When you sell at a good clip and knock out literally hundreds of items and finish within 5 minutes of your predicted time you know what you are doing (all while getting good prices).

Comment

Working...
                      X