• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Woody picture

Just saw this on the AACA forum.

http://forums.aaca.org/f169/woodebaker-327272.html

Cantrell body, no?
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ol' Dave Lester's kid has the long version.... (or was I just dreaming?)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Ol' Dave Lester's kid has the long version.... (or was I just dreaming?)

I think it was a nightmare!

(The band is back together, playing about one gig a month.)
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

It's been a while since I've researched those, but I believe that those 2R based wagons were for export only.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            It's been a while since I've researched those, but I believe that those 2R based wagons were for export only.
            I don't remember that. It seems like a lot of the Cantrell bodied wagons were in the USA.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I don't remember that. It seems like a lot of the Cantrell bodied wagons were in the USA.
              I went back and looked at original Studebaker ads for this truck/wagon. At the bottom the ad is marked "For export only". I dosen't say why these were for export only, but I've seen them do stranger things... The ad I looked at was from 1953 featuring Cantrell and the wagon in the photo.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                I went back and looked at original Studebaker ads for this truck/wagon. At the bottom the ad is marked "For export only". I dosen't say why these were for export only, but I've seen them do stranger things... The ad I looked at was from 1953 featuring Cantrell and the wagon in the photo.
                Perhaps the ones sold by Studebaker were for export only. Perhaps Cantrell built some on Studebaker cab and chassis units to sell directly in the USA. This may have been a sales agreement between the two companies. The only ones that I have known of in the past 50 years were in the USA.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here's a link to the ads:
                  http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/..._Cantrell.html
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                  X