No announcement yet.

Has anybody here, seen....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Art decided to two-tone his '52.
    I would have carried the roof tone around the windshield and side glass. Still...grabs attention.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

This is exactly what I was talking about!...classy look!!!
      Marie

Last edited by Marie Mac; 04-20-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

The first is a two tone. the second two you might not consider are two tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
          What body IS your 51 Champion? Starlight coupe....4 door...?
          four door soo is side

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            I've seen a number of two tone 47-52 models, but I've never seen one that I thought looked better than a soild color in that body type. I guess that's why I can't find any pictures to post. Maybe you can find a color combination and pattern that changes my mind. There should be some two tone combinations in pictures from various meets that have been posted here and elsewhere.
            You might also google 1951 Studebaker and click on the result that says images for 51 Studebaker. You will find lots of pictures. You could also expand the same search to 47, 48, 49, 50, and 52 models and look at those since the body style is the same.
            First of all......thanks for all the responses, great gathering of nice people. In my mind's eye I envisioned the sides, fenders and the outsides of the trunk and rear end painted the factory light green......then for the nose, hood, roof an inner trunk a complimentary color, perhaps a light burgandy-mauve. I'm probably not the first person in 60+ years to have that vision. ( probably are very good reasons all bullet noses don't have this type of paint job), that being said, I'm absolutely thrilled with my aquisition and thankful to have found this forum for insane Studers.

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Mac View Post
              http://www.cars-on-line.com/37215.html

Here's a two tone 1950 Champ
              Cool....thanks. Love the windshield visor.

Comment

This is exactly what I was talking about!...classy look!!!
                Marie

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ275188942
                you gotta love those starlights

Comment

Originally posted by nzstude View Post
                  The first is a two tone. the second two you might not consider are two tone.

thanks Wayne, pretty wild!!

Comment

Welcome to the site SB.
                    I do not have any pics to help you with, but what I do when I am trying to figure out a different paint scheme is I download some pics of a white or light colored car/truck/motorcycle and I use colored pens or pencils to try out my ideas and find a style I like. Print a few pics and some from all angles like pics from an ebay add and make sure your ideas line up from all angles.

Once you have something you think will look good, buy some 1/4" masking tape and lay the lines out on your car to see if the lines themselves work in life size. You do not have to be a pro stripper to get the idea. If you find something you think will work then pic some colors you really like together. LISTEN to your paint store tech at this point. He mixes paint for a living and usually has a good eye for colors that will look good together. Remember there are only 3 real colors and everything else is some kind of a blend of those 3, so colors may seem like they would look good on paper, but in real life may not because of clashing primary colors. Often very minor color adjustments could make all of the difference. If you can afford it, have your paint store shoot a panel with the colors you select and look at them for a few days...look at them in the garage, in the sun, at night...from all angles. Once you find the colors....take it to a paint shop with the basic masking lines you laid out {do NOT leave masking tape on more than a day or 2} too show them what you want and go with it...post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                      You do not have to be a pro stripper to get the idea...
                      I knew a couple of pro strippers once and they got LOTS of ideas. Why, they could almost make that pole sing, the things they did on it--and to it....wait...uh, do you mean STRIPEr?

Never mind....

John

Comment

I agonized over this decision for years. I searched the internet for ideas and most of the two tone schemes that I liked were custom. The car was really not designed for two tone and I came to terms with that. What I decided to do was to keep it original looking (even though it is NOT original). As much money as I sunk into the car, I did not want to do something that may become outdated one day. I figured I could not do wrong keeping it the way it was originally built.

It's your car, your money and your decision. Good luck with it. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Stewder Baker View Post
                          First of all......thanks for all the responses, great gathering of nice people. In my mind's eye I envisioned the sides, fenders and the outsides of the trunk and rear end painted the factory light green......then for the nose, hood, roof an inner trunk a complimentary color, perhaps a light burgandy-mauve. I'm probably not the first person in 60+ years to have that vision. ( probably are very good reasons all bullet noses don't have this type of paint job), that being said, I'm absolutely thrilled with my aquisition and thankful to have found this forum for insane Studers.
                          Just curious...how did you come to this color choice?...very unique...have you ever seen a car painted in this choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                            I agonized over this decision for years. I searched the internet for ideas and most of the two tone schemes that I liked were custom. The car was really not designed for two tone and I came to terms with that. What I decided to do was to keep it original looking (even though it is NOT original). As much money as I sunk into the car, I did not want to do something that may become outdated one day. I figured I could not do wrong keeping it the way it was originally built.

It's your car, your money and your decision. Good luck with it. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
                            I have to say that I really like your color choice...

Comment

Here's a good article on painting cars I thought you might find helpful...

Comment

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/...int/index.html
                                Here's a good article on painting cars I thought you might find helpful...
                                Thanks for the link MM....great info. I'll keep you posted on color schemes.

Comment

Working...
                                X