Has anybody here, seen....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody here, seen....

Just purchased a 51 Champion. I realize a a two paint combo isn't stock, but I'm trying to find pictures of two tone champion paint jobs. The body lines intrigue me, but search as i may I haven't had any luck.....google etc. any help will be greatly appreciated

Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm not terribly well versed in your car, but a lot of guys here are,and they should be able to help. If you're not a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club, you really need to join. They've been an invaluable help to me in my project, and the magazine for members (Turning Wheels) is a good read, too
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Can't recall seeing a two tone bullet nose. Dad's was solid grey. Good luck with it.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Consider....hood, front fenders, doors, rear fenders one color, roof and deck lid another. Studebaker used this in '55 to good effect.

Comment

What body IS your 51 Champion? Starlight coupe....4 door...?

Comment

Studebaker two-tones in '51 were either cop cars or taxi cabs
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've seen a number of two tone 47-52 models, but I've never seen one that I thought looked better than a soild color in that body type. I guess that's why I can't find any pictures to post. Maybe you can find a color combination and pattern that changes my mind. There should be some two tone combinations in pictures from various meets that have been posted here and elsewhere.
              You might also google 1951 Studebaker and click on the result that says images for 51 Studebaker. You will find lots of pictures. You could also expand the same search to 47, 48, 49, 50, and 52 models and look at those since the body style is the same.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

http://www.cars-on-line.com/37215.html

Here's a two tone 1950 Champ

Comment

There are a few VERY EARLY ads from mid-1946 that shows a few two-toned 1947 models. Note there were plans for two-tone paint options, but it was dropped immediately before production began.

Craig

Comment

most of the two tone paint jobs on 47-52 were done by the dealer, or when the car was repainted at a later date. they usually have a different color roof than the rest of the car. i have never seen or heard of a factory two tone on 47-52. it seems like Raymond lowey may have done some on his personal cars. but to my way of thinking, some of Raymond's personal customizing jobs were in poor taste for such a prestigious designer.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/547381.html

Here's another one

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                        most of the two tone paint jobs on 47-52 were done by the dealer, or when the car was repainted at a later date. they usually have a different color roof than the rest of the car. i have never seen or heard of a factory two tone on 47-52.
                        1952 hardtops were two-toned from the factory, and RQ has a record of at least one non-hardtop special-ordered in a two-tone finish:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=alberta

Craig

Comment

Two-tone

If it were me, I would consider a slight variation between the roof color & rest of the car...like light yellow & cream or cream & white...you could do this with any color you like...also look at the convertibles--they are two tone by nature--gives you an idea of how two very different colors look on the car...I would only second tone the roof, if it were me, though.....Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Mac View Post
                            http://www.cars-on-line.com/37215.html

Here's a two tone 1950 Champ
                            There is also a '51 LC in Brookland Books "Studebaker Gold Portfolio 1947-1966" painted the same way. It was furnished for the test by a Los Angeles dealer.

AND here is a pic from an ad for the'47,

John

Comment

Here's a two-tone '50 Starlight that's for sale here in the Hamilton area...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ275188942

...and BTW, the supercharged-Lark-six 1928 "Studebucket" is for sale nearby as well...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ372414631

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X