Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheetmetal @ Collins in CA

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/368233241.html

Anybody going there thats local to load up? If so, try to snag a used not-too-bad pair of rear quarters (fenders) for a 56 non-finned hawk for me and I'll reimburse. I got a car out there that really could use a pair.

Thanks
    Kent

Great stuff, but...

Stude folks in southern California don't need any rust free sheet metal. They already have it. Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. My guess is that it will go to the scrapper.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great stuff, but...

Stude folks in southern California don't need any rust free sheet metal. They already have it. Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. My guess is that it will go to the scrapper.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

[quote Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. [/quote]

I would pay the frieght. I bought two NOS front fenders from Roy Hecker back in the 80's for $165 each. complete with aprons. Shipping was an extra $485. Stuff came on a palette.

BG

Comment

[quote Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. [/quote]

I would pay the frieght. I bought two NOS front fenders from Roy Hecker back in the 80's for $165 each. complete with aprons. Shipping was an extra $485. Stuff came on a palette.

BG

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly
            I would pay the frieght.
            Yes, but Bill...you've got to admit...you're the exception to most rules [8D].

BTW, it was great to see you in South Bend. Hope you fixed your printer troubles.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly
              I would pay the frieght.
              Yes, but Bill...you've got to admit...you're the exception to most rules [8D].

BTW, it was great to see you in South Bend. Hope you fixed your printer troubles.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Any C-K front fenders?

Comment

Any C-K front fenders?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. My guess is that it will go to the scrapper.
                    Sadly, I agree.

I've got a 28' enclosed trailer that would hold an awful lot of sheet metal; I'd love to drag it to the Left Coast and fill it up someday... just have yet to figure out how to justify the cost and time...

I'd have to have a LOT of stuff, already removed, and fairly close together, and very good prices; and there'd probably have to be a fair amount of stuff for other brands mixed in...

Maybe someday I'll figure out a way to make this viable; till then I guess I'll just keep cringing over stuff like this...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Folks in the East that need it, won't (can't) pay the shipping cost to get it. My guess is that it will go to the scrapper.
                      Sadly, I agree.

I've got a 28' enclosed trailer that would hold an awful lot of sheet metal; I'd love to drag it to the Left Coast and fill it up someday... just have yet to figure out how to justify the cost and time...

I'd have to have a LOT of stuff, already removed, and fairly close together, and very good prices; and there'd probably have to be a fair amount of stuff for other brands mixed in...

Maybe someday I'll figure out a way to make this viable; till then I guess I'll just keep cringing over stuff like this...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

Is the seller an SDC member?

I could use a couple of better doors for my 62 hardtop but figuring out shipping almost takes an advanced math degree i.e. you can ship a front grille panel for a Lark via ups but you cannot ship a hood because it exceeds a given size. I do not know where a door would fall shipping wise.

...but you can ship a transmission via ups...

It never hurts to call

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
                        The Replacements.
                        \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                        The Replacements.

Comment

Is the seller an SDC member?

I could use a couple of better doors for my 62 hardtop but figuring out shipping almost takes an advanced math degree i.e. you can ship a front grille panel for a Lark via ups but you cannot ship a hood because it exceeds a given size. I do not know where a door would fall shipping wise.

...but you can ship a transmission via ups...

It never hurts to call

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
                          The Replacements.
                          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                          The Replacements.

Comment

Chuck has been an Orange Empire member for many years. Health and age getting to him and it isn't cheep to keep a large piece of property with old rusting hulks on it. Bought a tailgate for my 63 T cab for $50. He didn't have any laying around so he removed one from one of his trucks and delivered it. Of course I am only a mile away.

Comment

Chuck has been an Orange Empire member for many years. Health and age getting to him and it isn't cheep to keep a large piece of property with old rusting hulks on it. Bought a tailgate for my 63 T cab for $50. He didn't have any laying around so he removed one from one of his trucks and delivered it. Of course I am only a mile away.

Comment

Working...
                              X