Tagged and Insured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagged and Insured

This morning I got the truck insured and tagged. I've already driven it about 50 miles.. Thumbs up, horn honks, and 15 minute fuel stops are something I need to get used to again.

Hey, Matt, if you have to stop to get gas every minutes, you need to buy more gas each time or check your timing. I bought a '47 Chevy panel truck when I was a kid and it got about 3 gallons to the mile. No joke. Stupid distributor was in 180 degrees off. Other than gas comsumption, it ran pretty well on exhaust.

That sure is a nice looking truck. You do realize that you will have to start working really hard so that you can look like that truck, don't you?

Comment

Looks like the doors really cleaned up well. The lettering really pops!
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Cute as a button, Matthew. Leave it alone and drive it! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Cute as a button, Matthew. Leave it alone and drive it! BP
          Well... I'm going to rub on the paint a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            This morning I got the truck insured and tagged. I've already driven it about 50 miles.. Thumbs up, horn honks, and 15 minute fuel stops are something I need to get used to again.

Looking good. Bet it rides like a truck. I like the looks of the three-quarter ton models. They just look...well, tough.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Great looking truck!

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                Looking good. Bet it rides like a truck. I like the looks of the three-quarter ton models. They just look...well, tough.
                That it does.. But it rides better than my '59 half ton did. The ride is surprisingly smooth for what the truck is.

Comment

Your back and butt will appreciate that fact after arriving in SB, if it rides that well. <G>
                  Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  That it does.. But it rides better than my '59 half ton did. The ride is surprisingly smooth for what the truck is.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

A pair of polished stainless steel tubular bed rails would look great on there, plus it would give you something to tie a tarp onto when transporting stainless trim.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      Your back and butt will appreciate that fact after arriving in SB, if it rides that well. <G>
                      True.. It rides and drives better than my '59 halfton did. But, with 13K miles, I guess you'd expect it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        A pair of polished stainless steel tubular bed rails would look great on there, plus it would give you something to tie a tarp onto when transporting stainless trim.
                        That'd be too flashy. I'm thinking about stake sides, though.

Comment

Should have one of these on the dash .

Comment

The long wheelbase helps with that "better" ride. It sure is a nice looking truck. I am glad you are leaving it like it is as far as paint and the lettering on the doors. That is a great touch.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I sure like that truck. So how many Studebakers does this make for you now?
                              Dave Nevin
                              Corvallis, OR
                              1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                              Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Working...
                              X