X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by studerex View Post
    Hmmm....might a practical approach to this dilemma be to befriend you in your old age, Dick? BP

No that won't work either. Rex
    Well, OK, Rex; you have a point.

Perhaps better to befriend Dick's lady-friend waitress down at Steak & Shake? BP

Leave a comment:

• studerex
    replied
    Hmmm....might a practical approach to this dilemma be to befriend you in your old age, Dick? BP

No that won't work either. Rex

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
    Interesting. You may wish to visit my website with lots more information on this fine magazine: http://thestudebakerwheel.com/studeb...aker_wheel.htm

My collection has been complete for over 25 years. I scanned in all of the 1926 issues since they are so scarce. Nice to see someone else has done some of the others. As my site shows there are lots more yet to be done.

There were a total of 117 different issues of the Wheel circulated during its 30 year of existence. 104 were pre World War II and 13 post WWII. They can often be found for sale on the Internet auction site EBay with an average price being in the $20 to $30 range. Of course the lower circulation issues in 1926 and some of the 1936-38 issues seem to do much better. A February 1926 issue sold a few years ago for over $200 and some of the 1936-38 have brought close to $100. Acquiring a complete collection today would require a lot of time and money and is probably not a practical goal. However it would be within most peoples budget to acquire copies from the year of a particular car they owned.

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Interesting. You may wish to visit my website with lots more information on this fine magazine: http://thestudebakerwheel.com/studeb...aker_wheel.htm

My collection has been complete for over 25 years. I scanned in all of the 1926 issues since they are so scarce. Nice to see someone else has done some of the others. As my site shows there are lots more yet to be done.

There were a total of 117 different issues of the Wheel circulated during its 30 year of existence. 104 were pre World War II and 13 post WWII. They can often be found for sale on the Internet auction site EBay with an average price being in the $20 to $30 range. Of course the lower circulation issues in 1926 and some of the 1936-38 issues seem to do much better. A February 1926 issue sold a few years ago for over $200 and some of the 1936-38 have brought close to $100. Acquiring a complete collection today would require a lot of time and money and is probably not a practical goal. However it would be within most peoples budget to acquire copies from the year of a particular car they owned.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    Jeff: Thanks for the "heads up" on this source of Studebaker history. It will keep Studebaker folks busy for a long time! The issues of Studebaker Wheel are very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    started a topic "Studebaker Wheel" Magazine Now Available Online

"Studebaker Wheel" Magazine Now Available Online

(snippet copy - see link for complete article)
    Studebaker Wheel is Now Available in the Digital Library

Posted on April 12, 2012
    Click to view the entire issue in the Hagley Digital Archives.

This week I would like to highlight a newly available resource in the digital collection: Studebaker Wheel: a Monthly Magazine for the Motoristlatest issueStudebaker WheelDigital Library to find all the available issues.
    Our digitization volunteer, Alice Hanes, made this new resource possible through her diligent work. Over the last year, she has scanned nearly 600 items, and continues to add to this total each week. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful volunteer working on the Vinson project, so thank you, Alice, for all your hard work!

Emily Cottle is the Project Archivist/Cataloger for the Z. Taylor Vinson Collection at Hagley Museum and Library.
Working...
X