No announcement yet.

Decent looking 53 Commander C on eBay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent looking 53 Commander C on eBay.

Looks like a solid car, I see an SDC sticker in the window. Anyone know the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item3a72dd0b52
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Yup, saw this the other day...lotsa $ but then again an excellent starting point for a full on restoration. Pay the big bucks now, and save yourself a lot of headaches later on. I`d like to have this because it`s my favorite body style and year of all Studes, plus its the Commander. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      Yup, saw this the other day...lotsa $ but then again an excellent starting point for a full on restoration. Pay the big bucks now, and save yourself a lot of headaches later on. I`d like to have this because it`s my favorite body style and year of all Studes, plus its the Commander. Junior
      Restore? Spot in that area on the rear fender, buff the thing (Lark Shine), little interior work, brakes, fuel system, etc............good to go!
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Cost? that's about .4 of what I spent on my '53 C. And paint was only $2,000.

Comment

I wrote to the guy and explained that Vernon (LA) California built 1953s kept the tri-star throughout the year. If a CA car, he may not have an early production 1953 model. I asked for the Serial Number to determine where and when it was built. He did not provide the S/N.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I've never seen an air cleaner like that one. What's it off of?
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have a very decent 54 Commander coupe here in Houston, and I can deliver to SB in May or Aug. see www.studebakersite.com
              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
              X