Spotted on California 101 on 4/3/2012 Need Prayers for SilverhawkDan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted on California 101 on 4/3/2012 Need Prayers for SilverhawkDan

Thanks to Kurtruk I was aware that I might see this. We had a job in Santa Maria and I couldn't believe my eyes I saw the back of ,way up ahead. I was able to snap these going 65 down the 101 and no I wasn't driving. Silverhawkdan I have big files of these if you want me to send them to you. Might be a TW cover shot . The guys and Gals here will let us know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anne F. Goodman; 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM. Reason: added another photo
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

if that old fella was doing 65 he musta had that engine wound right out .....thanks for the pics.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The last two Wednesday mornings I've also seen a very, very nice dark blue '53 sedan with a surf board on top entering the freeway (US 101) at Pismo Beach. SilverHawkDan, do you know who that is?
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Looks like a possible cover to me. Good shooting.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thats cool stuff,...
          I thinkthat would be a nice cover !

Dean.

Comment

Thanks for posting those pics Anne, Bob is one cool cat in that rig.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Did Mickey make his way to the west coast?
              Long time newsgroup members might remember that name
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                Long time newsgroup members might remember that name
                What ever happened to Mickey?

Thinking of him brought back memories of other once active folks in our little world.

Sure miss 'em!
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                  What ever happened to Mickey?

Thinking of him brought back memories of other once active folks in our little world.

Sure miss 'em!
                  Mickey's old truck was a Champ with a bed topper. I've wondered about Mickey too, he was good friends with my grandparents and I knew him long before I was ever on the internet. One of the last Studes he owned, a '55 Commander sedan is now owned by a guy here in the Atlanta area.

Comment

Anybody that knows him can plainly see that the driver is a disguised studebob aka roscomacaw out for a test drive in his latest acquisition! Ok....I see you guys aren't buying into that. Sorry Bob. >G>
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Mickey's old truck was a Champ with a bed topper.
                      I remember paying the fee at the drag strip, which allowed/persuaded/encouraged/(shamed) "Mel" to run her Champ against Mick's Champ at either South Bend, or Charlotte.... (South Bend, '02, methinks.)

Sad to say, I can't remember who won, but I do recall that a good time was had by all....

The resulting race was not a fast one, by any stretch, but it needed to be done, and did keep us entertained much longer than a faster race might have.

I know I only fell asleep twice during that race, and that's saying something, because, IIRC, that particular race lasted somewhere around a day and a half... just a day or so shy of Gary Ash's run.

<GGG>

Mel and Mick are but 2 of the many Stude personalities I think of from time to time, and miss hearing from.

Hope all is well with Mel, Mick, and all the others.

Friends come and go... I would like it much better if they would just stay.
                      Last edited by Studedude; 04-06-2012, 08:12 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                        {SWEEET pics}
                        Thanks to Kurtruk I was aware that I might see this. We had a job in Santa Maria and I couldn't believe my eyes I saw the back way up ahead. I was able to snap these going 65 down the 101 and no I wasn't driving. Silverhawkdan I have big files of these if you want me to send them to you. Might be a TW cover shot . The guys and Gals here will let us know.
                        Pictures like that inspire me to get movin' on my StudeBus...

so just as soon as I can do so- I WILL!!!!!

(I have plans for 2013...)
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

So I see I have a stalker. I was told today that I had better not commit any crimes in that truck as they will know exactly where to look. Nice pictures. I remember when they were taken. I saw the passenger of a black? work truck take a picture and then turn around to take some more. You should have waved me over I would have follwed you off the Main Street ramp so you could get some more pics. I am having a great time with the truck. I give history lessons often. Had a guy ask me yesterday if I was going to paint it several shades of candy apple red. I told him no, I have no plans to paint it for now. I would like copies of those pics. I will PM you with my addy. Thanks a lot for helping me share the good fortune that I have been blessed with.
                          Dan

Comment

Oh for the record. 289, 3 speed with OD, 4.88 ratio. 65 mph=2200 rpm. Plans are in place for 4.30 gears. And yes, it has surprised quite a few people. Too much fun if you ask me.
                            Dan
                            I don't know who owns the 53 and have not seen it yet. Did see a White 60 or 61 Hawk on Thomson road on Monday. Don't know that one either.
                            Last edited by SilverHawkDan; 04-06-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I think it needs Pink curtians, blue clashes with the pink. Wish i had that truck. Love it
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X