Speedster side trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster side trim

Could someone please tell me what a person could reasonably expect to pay for a good set of Speedster side trim? It is not dinged up and I think it can be shined up pretty easy. Thank you in advance.
    Stude Rookie

Where is that darn Matthew when we need him? I imagine our trim shiner will show up soon, Rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
      Where is that darn Matthew when we need him? I imagine our trim shiner will show up soon, Rookie.
      Is this soon enough?

I try my best to stay away from the '55 butterknife trim. I sold a complete set of side trim for a Speedster a year or so ago for $100. It was "decent", but had dents and dings and needed restoring to be show quality. The buyer didn't want a show car, just wanted some usable trim.

Hard to say what a nice set would be worth. If there are no dents whatsoever and it only needs polishing, it has a lot of value to a Speedster owner as banged up '55 trim is almost impossible to make perfect.

Comment

Thank you Matthew. Now I am not completely in the dark.
        Stude Rookie

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          banged up '55 trim is almost impossible to make perfect.
          That gave me a chuckle. Its a grim statement coming from trim restorer! LOL.
          Best Regards,
          Eric West
          "The Speedster Kid"
          Sunny Northern California
          Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
          And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
          55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
          55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

Originally posted by 55studeman View Post
            That gave me a chuckle. Its a grim statement coming from trim restorer! LOL.
            Dale McPhearson refused to do it. I've been lucky in that nobody has asked me.

Comment

This really has nothing to do with Stude Rookie's question...but it caused Me to recall many, many, years ago when the Boston Parts Depot for Studebaker-Packard was still open. A Stude Friend of mine who owned a
              not-so-great '55 Speedster went over there and purchased, (for a few dollars I guess), the left and right butterknife 1/4 mouldings for His car. They were wrapped in a brown paper as I remember, and looked like mirrors, perfect, with
              the gold script and emblems gleaming. They were installed on something of a wreck of a car, that was subsequently driven into the ground.....aaah the good old days!!!!

Comment

I have the rear fender trim for a Speedster. It ain't perfect. I figured that one day when I had a lot of time on my hands, I would tackle it.
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

I have lots of 55 side trim, but most of it has an issue or two.

I am sorry to hear that it is tough to fix - I was thinking I was going to get the whole pile of it redone.

Comment

Take good photos of the stuff and run it on ebay. That'll tell you what it's worth.

BTW, if you DO ebay it, come back and tell us the results. I've got some I'd like to sell.
                    Last edited by Roscomacaw; 04-05-2012, 02:17 PM.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X