1950 headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 headliner

My Studebaker is gray. I say my headliner is taupe. Loga says he didn't think it should be. So he sent me Ivory, which didn't even come close, and now they won't take it back, because I waited to long. My fault I didn't even take it out of the box untill I was ready to install it. The ques.is on a gray Studebaker business coupe how many colors did they make for the headliner? I would think that they would make only one color for that gray.

1950 Champion business coupe

I would think Taupe also, but then I'm not anything of an expert on interior color schemes. You might be able to dye it if it wouldn't cause too much shrinkage.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would think Taupe also, but then I'm not anything of an expert on interior color schemes. You might be able to dye it if it wouldn't cause too much shrinkage.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My 1950,9G F1 has a gray fabric headliner. The car is original and never had any type of restoration to the best of my knowledge.

Doug

1950 Champion, 9G F1

Comment

My 1950,9G F1 has a gray fabric headliner. The car is original and never had any type of restoration to the best of my knowledge.

Doug

1950 Champion, 9G F1

Comment

The cloth in my 52 Commander was originally gray but it turns taupe with age. Here is the difference when I took off the window trim.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The cloth in my 52 Commander was originally gray but it turns taupe with age. Here is the difference when I took off the window trim.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Is there anyway to find out what colors the headliners where to be by the color of the paint? Did they have a standard or did they random pick a color or run for the headliner? Are there any records as to what they did?

Comment

Is there anyway to find out what colors the headliners where to be by the color of the paint? Did they have a standard or did they random pick a color or run for the headliner? Are there any records as to what they did?

Comment

I have a piece of the original headliner removed from my 9G-C5 20 years ago. It is exactly the same as lstude above. Except years of light had removed the soft feel of the "taupe" section of the fabric. To my knowledge, all had the same color interior.

Perry
                    '23 Special Six,
                    '50 Business Champ,
                    '50 Starlight Champ,
                    '60 Lark droptop,
                    '63 GT
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champ,
                    \'50 Starlight Champ,
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I have a piece of the original headliner removed from my 9G-C5 20 years ago. It is exactly the same as lstude above. Except years of light had removed the soft feel of the "taupe" section of the fabric. To my knowledge, all had the same color interior.

Perry
                      '23 Special Six,
                      '50 Business Champ,
                      '50 Starlight Champ,
                      '60 Lark droptop,
                      '63 GT
                      Perry
                      \'50 Business Champ,
                      \'50 Starlight Champ,
                      \'60 Lark Convertible,
                      \'63 GT R1,
                      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I might be wrong, but I think they were all the same color.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I might be wrong, but I think they were all the same color.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

So why does Loga say there are diffrent colors for my Studebaker? First he said that mine was Ivory,which was wrong. Then he said gray. When I ask hin about Taupe he Ques. it. I sent some photo's of the headliner to diffrent ones and they seem to think taupe.I took my visors off and it looked like a tan color not the gray,like Istude.

After you go to all the trouble to make everything right on your restore, You just don't want to install the wrong headliner, and that is alot of work!!!!

Comment

So why does Loga say there are diffrent colors for my Studebaker? First he said that mine was Ivory,which was wrong. Then he said gray. When I ask hin about Taupe he Ques. it. I sent some photo's of the headliner to diffrent ones and they seem to think taupe.I took my visors off and it looked like a tan color not the gray,like Istude.

After you go to all the trouble to make everything right on your restore, You just don't want to install the wrong headliner, and that is alot of work!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X