Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting worn out from my basket case Lark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's best to gradually do up the one you have as it has meaning to you being Grandpa's car. Don't get down, it takes time, mine has taken 3 years or so to get mechanically safe and sound. Was getting down and suggested to Chris Skinner that I may sell it. He said he understood how I felt and that it took him 15 years to restore the nice blue 1966 car recently in TW. Also said "there were times I couldn't even look at it."

Have you any Studebaker buddies in Nebraska who could - in exchange for donuts pizza and beer - help you with your car???
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John, that's a good idea. I have been really slow to make too many Studebaker contacts in the area. I live in and work at a sort of long term treatment facility for teens, and sadly, the local SDC chapter meets at a time when I almost always need to be at work. It's unfortunate, because some of the older members there would more than likely remember my Grandpa and this Lark. Hey, you and I share the same last name though. Maybe we're cousins. Next time you're in the states, come on by and we can check family trees while welding some sheet metal.
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I have welded up a '62 Lark body that was worse, it takes alot of patience and sometimes, just not looking at it. I'm in the last stages of getting it ready for painting; but in the end, it will be worth it (I grew up with the car). It's a great learning experiance, many skills I have taken on to other cars and my currant occupation
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
        X