X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapidcityman
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    A school bus, eh??? I'd sure like to see pictures of that!!!
    Post them if you can, please...

THANKS!!!
    I found a school bus out here in the Black Hills of South Dakota, next time I'm out in Sturgis I'll get a picture

Leave a comment:

• Bish
    replied
    The '55 fenders will fit a '49, but will have mounting holes for the larger steel grille drilled in them. I believe 1 ton with larger than 17.5 " wheels and definately the larger trucks have the larger wheel openings. All cabs, doors, hoods are the same if same year with some being the same for many years. Bolt in floor humps are different depending on the transmission used.
    Bish
    Last edited by Bish; 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM. Reason: clarification

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
    Depending on the size truck, the wheel opening arches are bigger on some (which may be the case with the bus). Someone help us with the truck size break between the two, please.
    I'm still learning about these trucks, and as such I can't be certain, but I 'think' it's one ton and up.

However- I am certain it's 1.5 and up-

Dad's '62 one ton is in the same driveway as my bus-
    maybe I can get a shot of the two together and figure it out???

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Depending on the size truck, the wheel opening arches are bigger on some (which may be the case with the bus). Someone help us with the truck size break between the two, please.

Leave a comment:

• cove
    replied
    I will post some pics the next time I go

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by cove View Post
    I also found a school bus that had an identical front end to my 49 the fenders looked the same as well were the fenders bigger on them?
    A school bus, eh??? I'd sure like to see pictures of that!!!
    Post them if you can, please...

THANKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    The answer is "YES" to both your fender questions.

Leave a comment:

• cove
    started a topic Fender questions

Fender questions

I went to a junkyard looking for Studebaker parts I found a 1955 E-Series pick up, I was wondering if those fenders would fit a 1949 1/2 ton C cab? I also found a school bus that had an identical front end to my 49 the fenders looked the same as well were the fenders bigger on them?
    There were a few cars and a couple 41-47 m series trucks (I think I am gonna bring them home)
Working...
X