Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport 1964 Daytona convert from Gold Beach, Oregon to Milaca, Minnesota-The Daytona has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avantilover
    replied
    No criticism of Ed, I was curious why he chose another shipper when Peg came highly recommended. I'm sure no-one will use the other company, all the best with the car Ed.

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    I have been to both salvage yards and Smokey Hill (another one in MN). Smokey Hill was the most organized, French Lake offered the most unique cars. Smokey Hill was very fair on prices, French lake was expensive. One would of thought that each part came off of a 32 Packard conv.....but still worth a visit and look around. French Lake had a very large selection of Studes. Good luck with your car, I wish it was mine.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Hi brent glad to see that you got your car home. If you need your fenders painted pm me. Still tring to get the money together for the hawk. Hope to have some for you soon. I've got most of the people lined up to do the sub let jobs needed on the frame off job for this winter.The 64s daytonas are nice looking cars. Steve

Leave a comment:

• oltrknut
    replied
    Ed is just trying to protect anybody he can now that he has learned a hard lesson.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Hey, everyone's allowed to make a mistake now and then! The key is learning from them, yeah?

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Originally posted by speycaster View Post
    For sure do not use budget auto shipping in florida
    So you keep saying. Question is why did you use them when Peg has been mentioned multiple times and I'm sure I would use her if I had to move a car I had purchased.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    FYI, Peg charged me $1100 for open transport from Hayward California (near San Francisco) to Milaca Minnesota (center of most road maps of the state) and the car arrived in great condition. I didnt get pricing from any other transport but I believe it was a reasonable price. Bob Peterson tied down/secured some large parts (rear fender & front grill) inside the car and taped some large holes shut in the convertible top for me and it all traveled very well.
    Brent I planned on asking how it travled but you answered it all ready, glad it had no problems, you found the other set of keys in the ash tray ok? the trunk key was on that ring.

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Spend a fair amount of time at French Lake and it should be a place to visit for any old car buff.The yard near Spooner has been a once a year visit for 15 years.
    Brent....you need to get out more

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    Looking good Brent. I too like those 64-66 Studes. Especially the hardtops and convertibles.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by speycaster View Post
    FYI, Peg charged me $1100 for open transport from Hayward California (near San Francisco) to Milaca Minnesota (center of most road maps of the state) and the car arrived in great condition. I didnt get pricing from any other transport but I believe it was a reasonable price. Bob Peterson tied down/secured some large parts (rear fender & front grill) inside the car and taped some large holes shut in the convertible top for me and it all traveled very well.

Leave a comment:

• speycaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    Do you guys go to French Lake auto dismantling, just outside of Annandale?

I grew up in Minneapolis, bought my first Studebaker in Ivanhoe, but left for California in 1973. Didn't "discover" French Lake until the 90's. What a great junk yard.

There is also the one near Spooner, Wisconsin. That one is a real kick, too.
    I've heard of French Lake auto salvage but have never been to it and I was not aware of a yard near Spooner WI, which I just attended a car show at on Sunday. Do they both have lots of old cars and trucks?

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Do you guys go to French Lake auto dismantling, just outside of Annandale?

I grew up in Minneapolis, bought my first Studebaker in Ivanhoe, but left for California in 1973. Didn't "discover" French Lake until the 90's. What a great junk yard.

There is also the one near Spooner, Wisconsin. That one is a real kick, too.

Leave a comment:

• gohdes
    replied
    Originally posted by JimC View Post
    Hey, gohdes, which shop did you go to in Annandale? My in-laws are in the Maple Lake area, (Father in law works at Lundeen Ford In Annandale) and I spent a few years living there, as well as St. Cloud, before returning to the promised land. It would be nice to know a good shop if I ever find myself back in that neighborhood (or if I send my family up there on a car quest!)
    Took it to Scott Zeidler. He runs a transmission and engine business out of his garage, says he does work for a couple area car repair shops. 135 Knollwood St. West, Annandale, MN 55302 320-274-3139 . Just getting the rebuilt engine back into the car, so don't know final results yet, but he seemed to be very knowledgeable and decent priced compared to the cities. Be prepared to spend some time "chatting" along the way, very talkative guy with many stories.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied
    I agree with all of those above who think the '64 Daytona is the best-looking convertible.
    And the '64 Daytona HT is not far behind. The entire '64 Studebaker Lark-type line has been my all-time favorite make, year, and model since the day it was introduced.
    Have owned 8 of them over the years. Liked those Daytona's better than my '66 Austin Healy 3000 Mk III, '67 Cougar 390 4-gear GT, '68 AMX, '69 Camaro SS 396, '70 Cougar Eliminator 428 4 speed, or '71 383 Magnum Satellite....and a dozen or more transportation also rans.
    If I had my choice of any vehicle, it would be a '64 Daytona. Outside of commercial vans used in my business, all six of my present automobiles and pickups are Studebakers, ...sadly though, some are now only fit for parts.
    Last edited by Jessie J.; 06-12-2012, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X