Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport 1964 Daytona convert from Gold Beach, Oregon to Milaca, Minnesota-The Daytona has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
    For sure do not use budget auto shipping in florida
    FYI, Peg charged me $1100 for open transport from Hayward California (near San Francisco) to Milaca Minnesota (center of most road maps of the state) and the car arrived in great condition. I didnt get pricing from any other transport but I believe it was a reasonable price. Bob Peterson tied down/secured some large parts (rear fender & front grill) inside the car and taped some large holes shut in the convertible top for me and it all traveled very well.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Looking good Brent. I too like those 64-66 Studes. Especially the hardtops and convertibles.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Spend a fair amount of time at French Lake and it should be a place to visit for any old car buff.The yard near Spooner has been a once a year visit for 15 years.
        Brent....you need to get out more
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          FYI, Peg charged me $1100 for open transport from Hayward California (near San Francisco) to Milaca Minnesota (center of most road maps of the state) and the car arrived in great condition. I didnt get pricing from any other transport but I believe it was a reasonable price. Bob Peterson tied down/secured some large parts (rear fender & front grill) inside the car and taped some large holes shut in the convertible top for me and it all traveled very well.
          Brent I planned on asking how it travled but you answered it all ready, glad it had no problems, you found the other set of keys in the ash tray ok? the trunk key was on that ring.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
            For sure do not use budget auto shipping in florida
            So you keep saying. Question is why did you use them when Peg has been mentioned multiple times and I'm sure I would use her if I had to move a car I had purchased.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hey, everyone's allowed to make a mistake now and then! The key is learning from them, yeah?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Ed is just trying to protect anybody he can now that he has learned a hard lesson.

Comment

Hi brent glad to see that you got your car home. If you need your fenders painted pm me. Still tring to get the money together for the hawk. Hope to have some for you soon. I've got most of the people lined up to do the sub let jobs needed on the frame off job for this winter.The 64s daytonas are nice looking cars. Steve

Comment

I have been to both salvage yards and Smokey Hill (another one in MN). Smokey Hill was the most organized, French Lake offered the most unique cars. Smokey Hill was very fair on prices, French lake was expensive. One would of thought that each part came off of a 32 Packard conv.....but still worth a visit and look around. French Lake had a very large selection of Studes. Good luck with your car, I wish it was mine.

Comment

No criticism of Ed, I was curious why he chose another shipper when Peg came highly recommended. I'm sure no-one will use the other company, all the best with the car Ed.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                      X