Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport 1964 Daytona convert from Gold Beach, Oregon to Milaca, Minnesota-The Daytona has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unloaded the 64 today and drove it around the parking lot before putting it in the shop, it has disk brakes and one is making some noise so will put it on the lift on Monday and have a look see, it started right up with one turn of the key and ran nice, here is a picture of it on the trailer still covered from the rain we had up north.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Looks like the rain washed the red paint off of the front fenders.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The 1964 Daytona convertible is now home

As of 5:45 tonight, my Daytona is home. It was unloaded at my parents house at 5 pm and soon after I drove it to my home one mile away. I need to do some servicing to the transmission, but otherwise it runs and drives great! Thank you to the former owner Mr. Weissert and a big thanks to Bob Peterson for all that you did. Thank you Peg Trucking for your service as the car arrived in the same condition as it was on the West coast. Now I need to get to work!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	June 10 2012 Spooner WI car show 053.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1674559
        Click image for larger version

Name:	June 10 2012 Spooner WI car show 052.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1674560
        sigpic

Comment

Careful where you park it, the Hawks might get jealous.

Will it be ready for a DQ run next time we stop over?
          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
            Careful where you park it, the Hawks might get jealous.

Will it be ready for a DQ run next time we stop over?
            That depends on your definition of "ready".
            It may not be show ready, but it will be road ready. You having mentioned Dairy Queen has me anxious to drive it top-down through the DQ drive-thru.
            sigpic

Comment

very cool Brent!

Comment

I agree with everyone else in that the 64 was the best looking convertible made. Since I have a 60 & a 62 I guess the next one HAS to be a 64!
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Beautiful car. I even sorta like the gray front fenders

Hey, gohdes, which shop did you go to in Annandale? My in-laws are in the Maple Lake area, (Father in law works at Lundeen Ford In Annandale) and I spent a few years living there, as well as St. Cloud, before returning to the promised land. It would be nice to know a good shop if I ever find myself back in that neighborhood (or if I send my family up there on a car quest!)
                  Last edited by JimC; 06-11-2012, 09:50 PM.
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                    I agree with everyone else in that the 64 was the best looking convertible made. Since I have a 60 & a 62 I guess the next one HAS to be a 64!
                    Add me to the list of those who agree. I wish I hadn't sold this one.
                    Attached Files
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I agree with all of those above who think the '64 Daytona is the best-looking convertible. I love ours. I am getting teady to paint ut. The original color was cream, but it has been painted bordeaux red. I want to paint it tulip cream. I know that color wasn't available on Studebakers in 1964, but that's the color I want. I am also excited about the '64 plain-jane, 2 dr. that I bought from the Kirby collection. The factory color of it is bordeaux red, and I plan to leave it that way. It's going to take a lot of work, but it will be worth it.

Comment

I agree with all of those above who think the '64 Daytona is the best-looking convertible.
                        And the '64 Daytona HT is not far behind. The entire '64 Studebaker Lark-type line has been my all-time favorite make, year, and model since the day it was introduced.
                        Have owned 8 of them over the years. Liked those Daytona's better than my '66 Austin Healy 3000 Mk III, '67 Cougar 390 4-gear GT, '68 AMX, '69 Camaro SS 396, '70 Cougar Eliminator 428 4 speed, or '71 383 Magnum Satellite....and a dozen or more transportation also rans.
                        If I had my choice of any vehicle, it would be a '64 Daytona. Outside of commercial vans used in my business, all six of my present automobiles and pickups are Studebakers, ...sadly though, some are now only fit for parts.
                        Last edited by Jessie J.; 06-12-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                          Hey, gohdes, which shop did you go to in Annandale? My in-laws are in the Maple Lake area, (Father in law works at Lundeen Ford In Annandale) and I spent a few years living there, as well as St. Cloud, before returning to the promised land. It would be nice to know a good shop if I ever find myself back in that neighborhood (or if I send my family up there on a car quest!)
                          Took it to Scott Zeidler. He runs a transmission and engine business out of his garage, says he does work for a couple area car repair shops. 135 Knollwood St. West, Annandale, MN 55302 320-274-3139 . Just getting the rebuilt engine back into the car, so don't know final results yet, but he seemed to be very knowledgeable and decent priced compared to the cities. Be prepared to spend some time "chatting" along the way, very talkative guy with many stories.

Comment

Do you guys go to French Lake auto dismantling, just outside of Annandale?

I grew up in Minneapolis, bought my first Studebaker in Ivanhoe, but left for California in 1973. Didn't "discover" French Lake until the 90's. What a great junk yard.

There is also the one near Spooner, Wisconsin. That one is a real kick, too.
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                              Do you guys go to French Lake auto dismantling, just outside of Annandale?

I grew up in Minneapolis, bought my first Studebaker in Ivanhoe, but left for California in 1973. Didn't "discover" French Lake until the 90's. What a great junk yard.

There is also the one near Spooner, Wisconsin. That one is a real kick, too.
                              I've heard of French Lake auto salvage but have never been to it and I was not aware of a yard near Spooner WI, which I just attended a car show at on Sunday. Do they both have lots of old cars and trucks?
                              sigpic

Comment

For sure do not use budget auto shipping in florida

Comment

Working...
                                X