Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport 1964 Daytona convert from Gold Beach, Oregon to Milaca, Minnesota-The Daytona has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, I received a message that my Inbox was full, so I didnt get your message. I will send you my direct E-mail address. As for the red Lark, it looks like Barnlark's car....no, it can't be!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      Brian, I received a message that my Inbox was full, so I didnt get your message. I will send you my direct E-mail address. As for the red Lark, it looks like Barnlark's car....no, it can't be!
      Funny about that!
      Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

I will get the number off of the block as soon as I get to the shop. With me trying to get my wife and kids to her Mother's house in Louisville, I probably won't get to the shop until Monday morning.

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
        Hey Jack are you saying you have the original block to suit my car? I can organize to have it picked it up no problem, PM me with a price,
        Thanks Brian
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
          I will get the number off of the block as soon as I get to the shop. With me trying to get my wife and kids to her Mother's house in Louisville, I probably won't get to the shop until Monday morning.
          No problem, no rush, let me know how you go,
          Thanks , I appreciate it,
          Brian
          Brian Greenall
          Melbourne, OZ
          sigpic

Comment

This car was sold to me with extra parts. I will just assume that the extra parts came from the same North Carolina '64 Daytona R1 convertible that Ed spoke of.
            sigpic

Comment

The number on the block is JTK 314

Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

Yeah, I know. I asked about buying it from you once.

Originally posted by Bamajak View Post
                I had the R1 engine but just transfered it to Starliner62 a few weeks ago.............
                edp/NC
                \'63 Avanti
                \'66 Commander

Comment

It would be nice to reunite that extremely rare car and the original R1 engine. Even if you have to rebuild the car around the tach. Who would've figured that R1 convert and it's replacement Tach were in such close proximity (within 10 miles of each other at one time). The R1 Vert sat there rusting in Hickory while the Daytona 4-dr with the Tach was rusting away in Sawmills, NC... small world.

edp/NC
                  \'63 Avanti
                  \'66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                    It would be nice to reunite that extremely rare car and the original R1 engine. Even if you have to rebuild the car around the tach. Who would've figured that R1 convert and it's replacement Tach were in such close proximity (within 10 miles of each other at one time). The R1 Vert sat there rusting in Hickory while the Daytona 4-dr with the Tach was rusting away in Sawmills, NC... small world.
                    How good is it to be able to locate an engine half way around the world. Says a lot for this Forum! That is a perfect match for 64V-12439. Starliner 62 would you like to Pm me with your cell number and I will give you a call., thanks.
                    While we are on a roll does anybody know where 64V-9077 , Golden Sand R2, 4 spd Convertible is?
                    Rgs Brian
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

Brent, you finally sprung for a convert! Did you win the Lottery??
                      My top had several tears (including the entire back seam) when it came from CA on an open transport, the wonders duct tape will do, held fairly well if you use enough. If the Mythbusters can make a boat out of it, surely it can make a temporary convertible top and keep some rain out. http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/myth...tape-boat.html
                      Sounds like you have a plan already however.

Anyway, my hopes are for my convert engine to be re-built (again!) in the next few weeks at a shop in Annandale, and I hope to have it on the road come Memorial Day. We'll see, I'm not going to hold my breath - if I would have at any point since I bought it, I would have been long dead by now. Hopefully I will see you at the Memorial Day Stude show.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gohdes; 04-19-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gohdes View Post
                        Brent, you finally sprung for a convert! Did you win the Lottery??
                        My top had several tears (including the entire back seam) when it came from CA on an open transport, the wonders duct tape will do, held fairly well if you use enough. If the Mythbusters can make a boat out of it, surely it can make a temporary convertible top and keep some rain out. http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/myth...tape-boat.html
                        Sounds like you have a plan already however.

Anyway, my hopes are for my convert engine to be re-built (again!) in the next few weeks at a shop in Annandale, and I hope to have it on the road come Memorial Day. We'll see, I'm not going to hold my breath - if I would have at any point since I bought it, I would have been long dead by now. Hopefully I will see you at the Memorial Day Stude show.
                        Its good to see you on the forum again, I guess this means that you have come out of your Studepression? I will be interested to hear of your experience from the upcoming rebuild as I have yet to rebuild my '63 Hawk's engine and may look to hire someone to do it. I didnt win the lottery, if I had I would have spent the money on a Russian mail-order bride.
                        I wont be at the Memorial day show because of a family function but I intend to be at the Get-the cars-out event in Annandale next month. If nothing else, maybe I'll see you in South Bend this summer? I registered for it last week so now I HAVE to go! Maybe we can convoy together?
                        sigpic

Comment

A deal has been struck for the R-1 engine. It will be transported to South Bend in July.
                          Brian an I completed the deal yeaterday by phone. (I like the way he talks!!)

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                          How good is it to be able to locate an engine half way around the world. Says a lot for this Forum! That is a perfect match for 64V-12439. Starliner 62 would you like to Pm me with your cell number and I will give you a call., thanks.
                          While we are on a roll does anybody know where 64V-9077 , Golden Sand R2, 4 spd Convertible is?
                          Rgs Brian
                          Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                          1955 Commander Sedan
                          1964 Champ
                          1960 Lark

Comment

Hello Brent,
                            yes, kinda coming out of the "studepression". I liked that one! I don't want to but I have to if I am ever going to get the damn thing running again. It's hopefully being taken apart right now as we speak. Hopefully I will know more in the coming days this week on how much I have to rebuild. I hope the pistons and cylinder walls are good. hopefully just turn the cam, new rings, and bearings.

yes, I plan on going to South Bend, probably leaving on Sunday morning. Hopefully I will also have a couple other Stude's in my group, too. Would be fun to be in a big group. Not so fun through Chicago, however. We learned last time, that we have to have a meeting point on the other side because it's impossible to stay together.
                            Don't know if it'll be ready for the get the cars out event.
                            I have been lurking for a couple weeks here to get in the mood again.
                            My signature pic was taken last saturday, engine out. I'm going to paint the engine bay.

Will talk to you soon.

Comment

Brent, the 64 is back in California as of last night, I picked it up on Wed. late afternoon and it was raining cats and dog, the car was in don's lower garage so it was nice and dry, I had to back my rig down his side driveway and around a corner just to get to it, had it not been raining we would have just driven it up to the road and covered it there and put it on the trailer but with it raining I need to cover it in the garage, after about an hour it was on the trailer and heading south to Cresent City where my wife and sister in law were waiting along with my 2 little traveling dogs, ( both dogs have been to the PSMCR) Any way the car is at the shop and will take it off the trailer today or tomorrow, I did not get a chance to take any pictures because of all the rain but will today, Brian the car doesn't look much different except for the white front fenders than when I took it up there in 04 you got a hell of a deal, Don took good care of it all this time, we can talk later about it ...Bob
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Happy to hear you made it back okay. Sorry you had to deal with heavy rain but I sure appreciate you doing what you did. I may be calling you tonight around 7pm your time (unless another time works better?).

Thank you much, talk to you later.
                                Brent
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X