Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport 1964 Daytona convert from Gold Beach, Oregon to Milaca, Minnesota-The Daytona has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    I'm from Minnesota and sold Milaca my GT Hawk before I moved to Medford, OR in 2010. Now he's looking at a car out here! Yep, small world.
    Hey Scott, I fired up the black Hawk last Sunday for the first time this season and it runs great. I need to get to work on the car as I may haul it to South Bend this summer to use as my commuter around town and try selling it at the meet. That reminds me, I need to register for the meet....
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I suppose I may as well share a more recent photo of it, as most here seem to like photos.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice looking car Brent. Have you gained any room in the storage shed, or are you going to start stacking them?
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

He can just go out and cut down some nice white birch trees and make a lean too.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I remember being there back in 1974 when the late HT Woody from Hickory, NC hauled in a gold rusted out '64 R1 Convertible 4 speed from Siler City, NC. It was missing the trans. He parked it on the bank beside the road at his place and never moved it again. I think there were only a dozen of those puppies ever made. That one died a horrible death...
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

I had the R1 engine but just transfered it to Starliner62 a few weeks ago.............
              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                Nice looking car Brent. Have you gained any room in the storage shed, or are you going to start stacking them?
                I will cover the floor with straw and tip the cars onto their sides. I figure I will have room for 12 more Studebakers (or 24 more Crosleys) when I am done. Wanna give me a hand?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  He can just go out and cut down some nice white birch trees and make a lean too.
                  How about I leave the car in your garage and then I will come visit the car every winter?
                  Actually though, I need to get the car ready for when Hollywood calls. The upcoming season of the television show 'Pan-Am' will be entering the year 1964 and that cute French stewardess will need a new ride!
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is a suggestion. Have the car transported to South Bend, dropped at my place. I will check the brakes. Tell you what they need. You get the parts. In May, hop in the silver tube to SB. Fix the brakes and take in the May meet. Drive the car home. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                      I remember being there back in 1974 when the late HT Woody from Hickory, NC hauled in a gold rusted out '64 R1 Convertible 4 speed from Siler City, NC. It was missing the trans. He parked it on the bank beside the road at his place and never moved it again. I think there were only a dozen of those puppies ever made. That one died a horrible death...
                      Hey Ed, I have the remains of that car here and I am in the midst of rebuilding it, a very rare car, only six made with R1 full package, 4 spd. It will rise from the ashes one day. Remember i bought the 64 R tacko from you.
                      Regards Brian
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                        Hey Ed, I have the remains of that car here and I am in the midst of rebuilding it, a very rare car, only six made with R1 full package, 4 spd. It will rise from the ashes one day. Remember i bought the 64 R tacko from you.
                        Regards Brian
                        We can fix you up with the engine block...............
                        Jack White
                        Charlotte,NC
                        North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                          Here is a suggestion. Have the car transported to South Bend, dropped at my place. I will check the brakes. Tell you what they need. You get the parts. In May, hop in the silver tube to SB. Fix the brakes and take in the May meet. Drive the car home. Jim
                          Hi Jim,
                          thanks for the offer but I think I've got it covered. I hope to see you in July at the big show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bamajak View Post
                            We can fix you up with the engine block...............
                            Hey Jack are you saying you have the original block to suit my car? I can organize to have it picked it up no problem, PM me with a price,
                            Thanks Brian
                            Brian Greenall
                            Melbourne, OZ
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                              Regards Brian
                              Brian,
                              is that red Lark a recent aquisition or did you repaint the yellow Lark? I don't recall ever seeing it before. As for the restoration of the car that Ed speaks of, are you starting with a tachometer and building a car around it??
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                                Brian,
                                is that red Lark a recent aquisition or did you repaint the yellow Lark? I don't recall ever seeing it before. As for the restoration of the car that Ed speaks of, are you starting with a tachometer and building a car around it??
                                Brent, you are dead right about building it around the tacko, but I do have all the hard to get parts to start, if I can get the original block that would be good even though I bought the R1 off Pat in L.A. You could say i am building it around the firewall. Did you get my PM the other day i actually sent you some photos of the project, but you didin't reply so I thought maybe you didin't get the PM. I think you have seen the red Lark before you just can't remember!

Pm your direct email address
                                Rgs Brian
                                Brian Greenall
                                Melbourne, OZ
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X