Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen my StudeBus at past Stude Meets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have you seen my StudeBus at past Stude Meets?

    As you may recall, quite some time ago I was looking for information about my future StudeBus~ http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...s-info-please)
    I got tons of reponses, too. (well, not really.)

    But anyway- now that I have the bus I have even more questions about it's history.
    As you can see in the following pictures, she came with a few dash plaques.
    The ones in question are the two SouthWest Zone Meets, and the International Meet in Las Vegas.
    I attended none of these shows. Did you? Was the bus there? If so, did you take pictures?
    I'd love to see those pictures!!!




    I'm also looking for the TW issues that covered those first two meets~
    the TW index says they might be in July '85 and/or July '86...?
    I have the Vegas one- but there's not much of value there for me.

    Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

    3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

    past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

    past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

  • #2
    Dave,
    I gave all my old TW's to Brian for use by the local chapter. Those issues may be there.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
      Dave, I gave all my old TW's to Brian for use by the local chapter. Those issues may be there.
      Good call- I had forgotten about that. I'll have to give him a call.




      StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

      3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

      past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

      past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

      Comment


      • #4
        Dave, I have good news and bad news. I just cehcked both issues. The meets were covered, but unfortunately no photos of your bus.
        Chris Dresbach

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          Dave, I have good news and bad news. I just cehcked both issues.
          The meets were covered, but unfortunately no photos of your bus.
          Thanks Chris. I'm beginning to think that maybe someone just had these layin' around,
          and thought they would look cool on the dash!!!




          StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

          3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

          past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

          past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

          Comment


          • #6
            In the 1990's my family went to Disneyland quite a bit. I remember seeing a Studebaker bus, short with Studebaker Drivers Club on the side in the Disney parking area near the big parking structure. No one was with it and I don't remember taking any pictures of it, but I will look. I thought since seeing the Solvang plaque it might be the same bus.....

            Mark

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bullet View Post
              In the 1990's my family went to Disneyland quite a bit. I remember seeing a Studebaker bus, short with Studebaker Drivers Club on the side in the Disney parking area near the big parking structure. No one was with it and I don't remember taking any pictures of it, but I will look. I thought since seeing the Solvang plaque it might be the same bus.....
              Mark
              Well Mark- the documentation I (now) have shows that the Grand Canyon SDC folks sold the bus to a StudeGuy from NorCal during the SW Zone Meet in October 1986. So at the time you saw it- it was his.
              I seriously doubt that there's another StudeBus that looks like mine...



              If there is- I'd sure like to see it!!!




              StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

              3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

              past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

              past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                Well Mark- the documentation I (now) have shows that the Grand Canyon SDC folks sold the bus to a StudeGuy from NorCal during the SW Zone Meet in October 1986.
                By the way~ Does anyone remember where that 1986 SW Zone Meet was???



                StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

                3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

                past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

                past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Per the February 1986 issue of TW the Pacific Southwest Zone meet was to be held October 11 - 12 in Phoenix
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champ,
                  \'50 Starlight Champ,
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                    Per the February 1986 issue of TW the Pacific Southwest Zone meet was to be held October 11 - 12 in Phoenix
                    Thanks Perry!!! The paperwork I have is dated 12 October, 1986.
                    It is writen on the back of what looks like some sort of list for the judges.

                    So now the question-- has anyone got pics from that Zone Meet?




                    StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

                    3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

                    past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

                    past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                      Thanks Perry!!! The paperwork I have is dated 12 October, 1986.
                      It is writen on the back of what looks like some sort of list for the judges.

                      So now the question-- has anyone got pics from that Zone Meet?


                      Dave try Diane Glew or Gay wittenberg both well know to Studebaker people and in the Sequoia chapter back in 1985 as they more than likely put the meet on, I was not there for that one, both are in the roster in California but don't think either are on the forum...Bob



                      StudeDave '57

                      Dave if you need help with a number or e-mail address let me know...Bob
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dave- I have talked to some of the folks here in the Grand Canyon Chapter that were familiar with the bus. I will send you a contact name.

                        Denny L

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                          Dave try Diane Glew or Gay Wittenberg both well know to Studebaker people and in the Sequoia chapter back in 1985 as they more than likely put the meet on. If you need help with a number or e-mail address let me know...Bob
                          Thanks Bob. Oddly enough- one of those two names is on the list I mentioned in the post above-
                          it's on the back of the bill of sale!!! I think they even know who I am...



                          Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                          Dave- I have talked to some of the folks here in the Grand Canyon Chapter that were familiar with the bus.
                          I will send you a contact name. Denny L
                          Thanks Denny!!! Very soon I'll be sending an email out to about a dozen contacts I already have.
                          Maybe they are already on the list? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
                          You guys have quite the website, BTW!!! {two thumbs up}



                          StudeDave '57
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

                          3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

                          past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

                          past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X