Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a friends Sky Hawk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a friends Sky Hawk

    I was looking through a 1974 Automobile Quarterly that showcased Hawks. There are pictures of many cars I remember. Fred Fox's 60 black hawk, Bob Patrick's 57 Goldie and Jay Harrigan's 56 Sky Hawk.
    There is also a complete tabulation of specs by Fred Fox. Jay was and is still a good friend. Does anyone know where his 56 Sky Hawk might be? It's a 2 tone white with tan and was sold in the San Fran bay area around 1975.
    My first car on the road again!

    The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

    sigpic

    Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

  • #2
    Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
    I was looking through a 1974 Automobile Quarterly that showcased Hawks. There are pictures of many cars I remember. Fred Fox's 60 black hawk, Bob Patrick's 57 Goldie and Jay Harrigan's 56 Sky Hawk.
    There is also a complete tabulation of specs by Fred Fox. Jay was and is still a good friend. Does anyone know where his 56 Sky Hawk might be? It's a 2 tone white with tan and was sold in the San Fran bay area around 1975.
    this one is white and yellow, never seen a yellow and tan , need numbers to know for sure, was his stick or auto? this one is at my shop right now and is for sale. one of our member in mountains has one about these colors and he has had it for a long time and restored it years back it might be the one.

    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      this one is white and yellow, never seen a yellow and tan , need numbers to know for sure, was his stick or auto? this one is at my shop right now and is for sale. one of our member in mountains has one about these colors and he has had it for a long time and restored it years back it might be the one.

      That's the color, it looks just like his car. It had an auto trans. I doubt he has numbers anymore. I'm trying to get him back into the habit. What's the condition of the one shown?
      My first car on the road again!

      The old girl has never been sold to the public
      Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
      My dad: 1959-70

      sigpic

      Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
        That's the color, it looks just like his car. It had an auto trans. I doubt he has numbers anymore. I'm trying to get him back into the habit. What's the condition of the one shown?
        It is a nice car 289 V-8 with 3 speed and overdrive, also 4 bld. carb. some rust on underside and in the trunk area, I plan on fixing the trunk area...Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California


        Comment


        • #5
          We got this Sky Hawk out of Cali a few years back. It spent some time along the SF coast. It has a black license plate that was last registered in '75. It's a 289 auto.

          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9&d=1290271840

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
            We got this Sky Hawk out of Cali a few years back. It spent some time along the SF coast. It has a black license plate that was last registered in '75. It's a 289 auto.

            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9&d=1290271840
            They sold it to a guy in SF that said he wasn't going to drive it. At the time it was perfect. This could be his old car. Do you have the old plate number? If it's his, I can get you some history of the car.
            My first car on the road again!

            The old girl has never been sold to the public
            Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
            My dad: 1959-70

            sigpic

            Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

            Comment


            • #7
              Sounds a little like grasping for straws. Doesn't it?
              Or is just me that thinks this post is to vague??? or off the wall??

              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                Sounds a little like grasping for straws. Doesn't it?
                Or is just me that thinks this post is to vague??? or off the wall??

                Brian
                Nothing vague at all. I was talking with an old friend about his old car and wondering where it was. I said, let me see if i can find it. Clear enough?
                My first car on the road again!

                The old girl has never been sold to the public
                Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
                My dad: 1959-70

                sigpic

                Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
                  Nothing vague at all. I was talking with an old friend about his old car and wondering where it was. I said, let me see if i can find it. Clear enough?

                  Stranger things have happened in the Studebaker world, a few years back my daughter had a Xmas party for the teachers at her school and the party was at our house, there were about 50 teachers and partners there I had pictures of Studebaker on the walls of the family room and every body was looking and asking questions about all of them, then some thing was said that I had a 5 car garage out back with 5 Studebakers there so one thing led to another and we ended up going out for them to see first hand, after most had gone back into the house one fellow remained and stated that in 1963 while he was stationed in Germany he order a new red Avanti and it was shipped to him there, after he got transferred back to Texas the car came with him, he ended up selling it there in Texas and had often wondered where the car was now. I asked him if he still had the ID number? if so get it to me and we can do some checking around because the amount of 63's out there is still quite high, it just happened that a friend had picked up a very rough red Avanti with some old papers in the car about Texas and the base there, a few days later the guy called me and said he had found the number of his old car he started to read off the numbers and before he finished I read off the last 3 numbers for him, it was the same car. I asked him if he was interested in buying it back he said no thanks just had always wondered about it. ...small world of Avanti's
                  Last edited by candbstudebakers; 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bob, Your red GT is awesome. Every time I see that picture I like it even more.
                    My first car on the road again!

                    The old girl has never been sold to the public
                    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
                    My dad: 1959-70

                    sigpic

                    Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
                      Bob, Your red GT is awesome. Every time I see that picture I like it even more.
                      Ya it is nice and I never let Fred touch it either.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                        Sounds a little like grasping for straws. Doesn't it?
                        Or is just me that thinks this post is to vague??? or off the wall??

                        Brian
                        Have you read this thread? : http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...w-old-guy-here

                        New guys joins Forum, mentions a special car he owned over 45 years ago, and BOOM, one hour and 15 minutes later a picture is posted of that car! Cool stuff happens.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)




                        Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ya Dick is very fast with pictures and right on.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            Ya it is nice and I never let Fred touch it either.
                            Bob, Let's think on this one. If it wasn't for (fill in the blank) my car never would have met Fred. Oh yeah, it was YOU.

                            Thanks buddy.
                            My first car on the road again!

                            The old girl has never been sold to the public
                            Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
                            My dad: 1959-70

                            sigpic

                            Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
                              Bob, Let's think on this one. If it wasn't for (fill in the blank) my car never would have met Fred. Oh yeah, it was YOU.

                              Thanks buddy.
                              Ya you can blame me for that one but only 3 years olds let some else do their thinking. and tell them what to do and what not to do.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X