Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '38 Six & 'different' Lark project, WA CL

Hi

Decent looking '38 Six sedan, notice that nice straight grille! And what do you think of the different Lark project?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2926354048.html

Steve

A Lark with a Carson top! Hope these find homes.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

5T15M25J73Gc3M23Jec3r5804254069f811db.jpg5N55O35K23L13M13Hac3rae2fad6c4b171f30.jpg

Very nice! Ah for the resources to haul it the six hundred miles or so home. I do hope this car finds a decent home where it won't be butchered. His ad though is a bit confusing. Is it fifteen hundred a car or for all three? If the latter, then it's a really great deal! Perhaps it's a good thing after all the cars are so far away...
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The title reads 2800 and text says 1500 for the Larks. Consider the ad gone.

Comment

The '38 is a standard Commander (as opposed to the State Commander). No Dictators made in 1938.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

saw this ad the other day. not a bad deal. price on the 38 dropped to 2500. someone should swoop in for the save! I would, but I would also be homeless.
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Yup ; That Carson top idea looks interesting ........................
              Wonder what that would look like done ....

Comment

The one with the Carson style top looks like it might have suicide doors. It may just be that the door is only sitting in the opening.
                I never understood why anyone, other than a person trying to get all the points possible at a custom show, would go to the trouble to suicide the doors on their car or truck. More stuff to have go wrong for no real benefit. just like chopped tops, many get started and are abandoned because the builder could not finish the project.
                sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                X