No announcement yet.

Ted's Fame is Worldwide!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe one of our Swedish members could at least translate the frontpageor some of the highlights of the articles even. It would be interesting to know what was printed.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Maybe one of our Swedish members could at least translate the frontpageor some of the highlights of the articles even. It would be interesting to know what was printed.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

To get us started on the translation:

The second word of the third line in the caption on the two-page spread means Studebaker. [:0]

OK, you guys take it from there. [^]

('Way to go, Ted!) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

To get us started on the translation:

The second word of the third line in the caption on the two-page spread means Studebaker. [:0]

OK, you guys take it from there. [^]

('Way to go, Ted!) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

To add to what Bob said, Olof Professorn wrote the article and Anders Odeholm took the pictures. We have done the hard part and will leave the rest to you guys.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

To add to what Bob said, Olof Professorn wrote the article and Anders Odeholm took the pictures. We have done the hard part and will leave the rest to you guys.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Thanks people. I don't know that the accolades are deserving but sure appreciat them and we really appreciate all the kind words. Mary Ann is concerned I won't be able to get my helmet on. (g)

Ted & Mary Ann

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Pekka Polvinen from Finland sent me a couple of Swedish car magazines. Pekka posts here often and has written articles for TW and various Scandinavian car magazines. Pekka currently has a beautiful '55 President Coupe (featured in his now famous Christmas video ), and a '58 Golden Hawk.

The June '07 issue of Wheels, in addition to interesting articles on the Pojkdrommen and Dodssynden [:0], has a 5 page spread on our own TED HARBIT [] [8D] !

It's nice to see Ted get the world wide recognition he deserves [^]

Comment

Thanks people. I don't know that the accolades are deserving but sure appreciat them and we really appreciate all the kind words. Mary Ann is concerned I won't be able to get my helmet on. (g)

Ted & Mary Ann

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Pekka Polvinen from Finland sent me a couple of Swedish car magazines. Pekka posts here often and has written articles for TW and various Scandinavian car magazines. Pekka currently has a beautiful '55 President Coupe (featured in his now famous Christmas video ), and a '58 Golden Hawk.

The June '07 issue of Wheels, in addition to interesting articles on the Pojkdrommen and Dodssynden [:0], has a 5 page spread on our own TED HARBIT [] [8D] !

It's nice to see Ted get the world wide recognition he deserves [^]

Comment

I find it funny that they call it Wheels Magazine, the use the word RACE, and also the term Viva Las Vegas, everything else is in their language. It is not a cheap publication something like $8 to $10 bucks a copy.

Comment

I find it funny that they call it Wheels Magazine, the use the word RACE, and also the term Viva Las Vegas, everything else is in their language. It is not a cheap publication something like $8 to $10 bucks a copy.

Comment

Lennart...
                        -63 Avanti R1
                        -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                        -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                        -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

Lennart...
                          -63 Avanti R1
                          -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                          -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                          -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

bondobilly

One magazine is called "Power"
                            And another "Classic Motor"
                            And "4 Wheel Drive"

Lennart...

Lennart...
                            -63 Avanti R1
                            -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                            -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                            -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

bondobilly

One magazine is called "Power"
                              And another "Classic Motor"
                              And "4 Wheel Drive"

Lennart...

Lennart...
                              -63 Avanti R1
                              -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                              -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                              -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

He who did the two page spread of the Chicken Hawk (ala Motor Trend) did good work. That is a wonderful shot of the Chicken Hawk with that classic low shot picture framing and that imposing stance that car always had. I'd photocopy and frame that shot, maybe even poster size, thats a wall hanger!! You did good Ted, real good! Congratulations! [8)]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                                1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                                X